2024 line up

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Big stick

Re: 2024 line up

Post by Big stick »

When is Cooper set to be ready? Is it at the start of the season or will it be couple games in?
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Big stick wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:56 am When is Cooper set to be ready? Is it at the start of the season or will it be couple games in?
I'm sure I read something on here about him not being back until well into next season 🙄 Hopefully it'll be sooner than that!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Watching Bradford v Barrow and both Rothwell and Makin looked very good in a tough game, more great front row prospects for next year.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Big stick wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:56 am When is Cooper set to be ready? Is it at the start of the season or will it be couple games in?
They said 9-12 months at the time and that was Good Friday, so if it ran to those timelines, you’d be looking at best case, him being back to start the season and worst case, him being back around Easter 2024. Hopefully it wouldn’t take any longer but you never know, as it sounds a really bad injury.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I'm sure the club are taking the Cooper situation into account with their planning for next season. I'm sure there was rumour of another signing (backrow?) to be confirmed irrespective of Cooper's recovery. Does anybody know anymore?
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Will we need cooper next season?

Just thinking with Dupree, Ellis, Byrne, Havard and possibility Walters in there?

I think all of the above get in the match day 17. We’ve also got Harvie Hill coming through and we don’t know what’s happening with Mago?
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

I think if we ran with just that front row it’s really missing experience that Cooper brings. I do think it’s full of tallent and will hold it own but having a player like Cooper would be invaluable to them all.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Brennox7 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:38 pm Will we need cooper next season?

Just thinking with Dupree, Ellis, Byrne, Havard and possibility Walters in there?

I think all of the above get in the match day 17. We’ve also got Harvie Hill coming through and we don’t know what’s happening with Mago?
its just lacking that bit of experience as they are all still relatively young for props, i think Ellis will be eldest at 26. If you also take into account Nsemba and Smithies in the back row with Farrell, there's only Faz then over 30. We need someone like Cooper who will bring them all on (even if its not Cooper), a good old fashioned, battle hardened prop forward
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Anyone got any idea on the average age of starting 17 forwards in Super League winning teams?

History shows us experience is vital in the forwards, especially props, but wondering what the data says?

A bit worried about our lack of experience.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:53 pm Anyone got any idea on the average age of starting 17 forwards in Super League winning teams?

History shows us experience is vital in the forwards, especially props, but wondering what the data says?

A bit worried about our lack of experience.
Our squads average age is the youngest in SL and it looks like it is going lower.