Coaching

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shevvylad

Coaching

Post by Shevvylad »

I know I'll get shot down, but I cant see how Peet is a good coach. We lack discipline, have little idea in attack, and game management is poor at best. He's had enough time to prove himself, and I'm not convinced....
medlocke

Re: Coaching

Post by medlocke »

New experienced coaching staff with no Wigan connection needed, we haven't had that since Madge left
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Six handling errors is not down to the coaching staff.
Our problems at the start of the game are the same we've had all season in that our starting props aren't making the yards they should make with quick ptb. Mago has been good since he came on and Dupree is adding a lot.
Coaching staff do have to sort out our starting props, Byrne surely needs to step down or benched for a week. Ellis and Havard have been either injured or suspended and Byrne has had to start every week. Needs sorting.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I agree.
Can’t believe we’ve gone in to the 2nd half with the lead.
Yes we’ve defended well but we look disorganised in attack and to be honest think we’ve looked second best most parts of the game.
Leigh look organised and threatening in attack, they’ve stretched our defence many times.
Just glad our defence is looking good, at the moment….
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Im good with peet i just want replacements for lockers and tommy
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:52 pm Im good with peet i just want replacements for lockers and tommy
That would probably be the best outcome
craigo

Post by craigo »

I would never be rude to a fellow fan. Especially if they have only given their opinion. But, I could not disagree with you anymore. I have been puzzled with a couple of decisions Yes. That happens even more with the manager of my football team !. That is what tends to happen, No matter who is in charge. Peet also has other good people around him. He will be with us next year when through our new signings, We will win silverware. Not writing off this year by any stretch.
I would rather have our Coach than Powell btw !.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:02 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:52 pm Im good with peet i just want replacements for lockers and tommy
Rubbish remarks about them both!

Do you never listen to players past &/or present who have played/worked with them both?

I know who I would sooner listen to & believe & it’s not the bloody amateurs on here I’ll tell you that!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:07 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:02 pm
Rubbish remarks about them both!

Do you never listen to players past &/or present who have played/worked with them both?

I know who I would sooner listen to & believe & it’s not the bloody amateurs on here I’ll tell you that!
That has nothing to do with it Josie, the fact is Lockers and Lulu do not have the relevant coaching experience no matter what any former player says
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Best coach in super league is Matt P