George Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: George Williams

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Suzieb wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:21 pm One of the problems at Warrington with Williams is that he is on a lot more money than his teamates and if they do not give him any go forward to play off the back of he just looks like an ordinary player
So does every halfback. Look at DCE at Manly and compare him to when he has played for Queensland.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Looks like Wire need another rebuild again with there ever expanding salary cap
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

pearsy wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:06 pm Looks like Wire need another rebuild again with there ever expanding salary cap
They needed a rebuild when Powell arrived of that there isn't any doubt but the point of a rebuildeans you being in better players and they didn't do that so yea I'd say they'll need a rebuild again and again when the Burgess experiment doesn't work out
pedro

Post by pedro »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:25 pm
pearsy wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:06 pm Looks like Wire need another rebuild again with there ever expanding salary cap
They needed a rebuild when Powell arrived of that there isn't any doubt but the point of a rebuildeans you being in better players and they didn't do that so yea I'd say they'll need a rebuild again and again when the Burgess experiment doesn't work out
he built twice, he brought his own guys and then shipped one of them, guy is an idiot and a terrible coach
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Its like re building the Titanic as a glass bottom boat :D :D :D :D :D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Suzieb wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:21 pm One of the problems at Warrington with Williams is that he is on a lot more money than his teamates and if they do not give him any go forward to play off the back of he just looks like an ordinary player
Why is what he earns a problem? Players are all paid different levels of wages, they know the sport runs a salary cap and how the system works including the marquee rule. If they are not giving him any go forward to play off because he earns a marquee wage then they are being stupid.
Charriots Offiah

DaveO wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:53 pm
Why is what he earns a problem? Players are all paid different levels of wages, they know the sport runs a salary cap and how the system works including the marquee rule. If they are not giving him any go forward to play off because he earns a marquee wage then they are being stupid.
Head and nail there Dave.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

craigo wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:32 pm Think I will just go with whatever happens. He did dump us. That is the negative. But he is a great player. So like I say.....
He was Warringtons m.o.m. again on Sunday and is leading the Albert Goldthorpe medal table despite missing about six or seven games.
Charriots Offiah

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:31 am
craigo wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:32 pm Think I will just go with whatever happens. He did dump us. That is the negative. But he is a great player. So like I say.....
He was Warringtons m.o.m. again on Sunday and is leading the Albert Goldthorpe medal table despite missing about six or seven games.
You’ve just kicked it off again Brian 🤣
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

14 pages on a player who will never come back to Wigan...