George Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

George Williams

Post by Dan2266 »

Heard a whisper he isn't happy at Warrington & his agent has approached Wigan.

Id assume Wigan would have to pay a significant amount in regards to a transfer if they were interested…. Would be able to use the new marquee rule RE wages, not entirely sure how things will work under Danson & if paying a fee for him would be on the cards
medlocke

Re: George Williams

Post by medlocke »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:54 pm Heard a whisper he isn't happy at Warrington & his agent has approached Wigan.

Id assume Wigan would have to pay a significant amount in regards to a transfer if they were interested…. Would be able to use the new marquee rule RE wages, not entirely sure how things will work under Danson & if paying a fee for him would be on the cards
He made his bed let him lie in it
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:57 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:54 pm Heard a whisper he isn't happy at Warrington & his agent has approached Wigan.

He made his bed let him lie in it
Agreed.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I don't know Wigans stance on it I just know they’ve been approached, I assume along with other clubs & probably NRL clubs
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Took more money at wire who’s arsed. Not a half itl who is even close to his ability. If we can get it done which I highly doubt then we should
Crossy210

Post by Crossy210 »

Dreamteam wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:48 pm Took more money at wire who’s arsed. Not a half itl who is even close to his ability. If we can get it done which I highly doubt then we should
Don’t talk sense it won’t catch on. Brilliant player but he turned us down for money so people won’t see that
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dreamteam wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:48 pm Took more money at wire who’s arsed. Not a half itl who is even close to his ability. If we can get it done which I highly doubt then we should
It all comes down to the coaches desire and Danson footing some of the bill financially id say.

Can fit him under the cap easily but the wages and the transfer fee would require covering, the club couldn't afford it without money being put in
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

No thanks . His agent fishing me thinks.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

His agent will be loving it. Commisions all over the place, wages and transfer fee and maybe his fee?

As for GW, It wouldn't surprise me that he isn't happy. Earning a fortune, unhappy squad, terrible results and even worse performances.
Whoever wants to sign him they'd better be quick as Powell might not last long, if he's not gone already, his replacement might turn things around very quickly.
craigo

Post by craigo »

Think I will just go with whatever happens. He did dump us. That is the negative. But he is a great player. So like I say.....
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.