George Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
PorterjohLam

Re: George Williams

Post by PorterjohLam »

Oh god please god no.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

medlocke wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:57 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:54 pm Heard a whisper he isn't happy at Warrington & his agent has approached Wigan.

Id assume Wigan would have to pay a significant amount in regards to a transfer if they were interested…. Would be able to use the new marquee rule RE wages, not entirely sure how things will work under Danson & if paying a fee for him would be on the cards
He made his bed let him lie in it
Absolutely
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

medlocke wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:57 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:54 pm Heard a whisper he isn't happy at Warrington & his agent has approached Wigan.

Id assume Wigan would have to pay a significant amount in regards to a transfer if they were interested…. Would be able to use the new marquee rule RE wages, not entirely sure how things will work under Danson & if paying a fee for him would be on the cards
He made his bed let him lie in it
Well said
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The Pearl1 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:50 pm He signed a new an improved contract like 2/3 months ago when the NRL was sniffing again.

Now Powell’s gone Wire will settle down again.

I’d love him back as he and Smith is a perfect partnership but it won’t happen.

Wire would never let that happen.
Exactly Williams won’t go anywhere
Soul Kitchen

Post by Soul Kitchen »

Despite all the rubbish that's gone on, Williams and Smith would be a perfect pairing in Super League and anybody who says different really needs to have a think!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Soul Kitchen wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:45 am Despite all the rubbish that's gone on, Williams and Smith would be a perfect pairing in Super League and anybody who says different really needs to have a think!
Agree they would make a great partnership. After all that has gone on between him and Wigan RL I can't think of any circumstances where he would return.
If he goes anywhere, which is doubtful, a return to the NRL might be his best option.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:26 am
Soul Kitchen wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:45 am Despite all the rubbish that's gone on, Williams and Smith would be a perfect pairing in Super League and anybody who says different really needs to have a think!
Agree they would make a great partnership. After all that has gone on between him and Wigan RL I can't think of any circumstances where he would return.
If he goes anywhere, which is doubtful, a return to the NRL might be his best option.
I'm with you Ted. Think there's more chance of me signing than Williams back to Wigan. Never going to happen.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Like I say I haven't got a clue what Wigan's stance on this is, I just know we've been approached by his agent. I cant personally see us going for him
Soul Kitchen

Post by Soul Kitchen »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:26 am
I'm indifferent whether he signs or not, however some people readily chop their noses off without any thought of the consequences, as we have seen in the last few years.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

It’d work for me, position we need filling and helps with the marquee rule… if we could we should!