Justin Holbrook rated as favourite for Warrington Wolves job

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Justin Holbrook rated as favourite for Warrington Wolves job

Post by josie andrews »

FORMER St Helens head coach Justin Holbrook has been installed as the early favourite to take charge of Warrington Wolves.

Super League title sponsors Betfred have installed Holbrook as the 6-4 favourite to replace Daryl Powell, who was relieved of his duties yesterday following the 42-6 thrashing at Wakefield Trinity.

Holbrook is currently out of work having parted company with Gold Coast Titans last month and is the first choice among many supporters to replace Powell.

His two-and-a-half seasons in charge of Saints kickstarted their current era of dominance as he guided them to the first of their four consecutive Super League titles before leaving at the end of 2019.

Also featuring highly in the odds is Adam O’Brien, the current head coach of Newcastle Knights, and Justin Morgan, the former Hull KR head coach who is currently an assistant at New Zealand Warriors.

Former Wire stars Brett Hodgson (6-1), Lee Briers (12-1) and Michael Monaghan (25-1) also feature in the betting as do current assistant coach Richard Marshall (7-1), England boss Shaun Wane and former Warrington head coach Tony Smith (both 10-1).

Next Warrington Wolves head coach odds
(Courtesy of Betfred)

6-4 – Justin Holbrook

7-2 – Adam O’Brien

5-1 – Justin Morgan

6-1 – Brett Hodgson

7-1 – Richard Marshall

10-1 – Shaun Wane, Tony Smith

12-1 – Lee Briers

25-1 – Michael Monaghan, Ian Watson

66-1 – John Kear

100-1 – Kevin Brown

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sp ... olves-job/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Justin Holbrook rated as favourite for Warrington Wolves job

Post by josie andrews »

Too much of a bloody coincidence that they sack Powell as soon as Holbrook is on the market who was also sacked from his post!

Can they not see it’s from the top down that they aren’t successful?

Wanting to buy success all the time instead of investing in it! Having an Academy for a start would make players loyal to the club.

They’ve got one of the best stadiums IMO & it’s wasted on them.

Money & greed!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Ex-St Helens boss Justin Holbrook offered SL Job

EX-ST HELENS head coach Justin Holbrook has been offered a job in Super League, four years after leaving the northern hemisphere behind.

Much has been made of Holbrook’s future since his axing by the Gold Coast Titans two months ago, with the likes of Canterbury Bulldogs and Newcastle Knights both holding talks with the 47-year-old to bring him to their respective clubs.

However, with Warrington Wolves’ chief executive Karl Fitzpatrick currently in Australia, Holbrook has been offered the job by the Cheshire club, infamous Australian journalist The Mole has claimed.

Whether he takes the job or not is another matter.

https://www.totalrl.com/ex-st-helens-bo ... eague-job/
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

He will turn them round of that I'm sure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Ex-St Helens boss reportedly REJECTS Warrington Wolves as Justin Holbrook tees up two other job offers

FORMER ST HELENS boss Justin Holbrook has reportedly rejected the offer to become the Warrington Wolves head coach.

That’s according to the Daily Telegraph, which has reported that Holbrook is instead weighing up three-year offers from the Sydney Roosters and Canterbury Bulldogs as assistant coach after being unwilling to relocate his family from Australia back to the UK.

It was revealed this morning by The Mole that a lucrative four-year deal had been placed on the 47-year-old’s table following the departure of former Warrington boss Daryl Powell.

However, Holbrook has decided to stay in the NRL.

https://www.totalrl.com/ex-st-helens-bo ... ob-offers/
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:46 pm Ex-St Helens boss reportedly REJECTS Warrington Wolves as Justin Holbrook tees up two other job offers

FORMER ST HELENS boss Justin Holbrook has reportedly rejected the offer to become the Warrington Wolves head coach.

That’s according to the Daily Telegraph, which has reported that Holbrook is instead weighing up three-year offers from the Sydney Roosters and Canterbury Bulldogs as assistant coach after being unwilling to relocate his family from Australia back to the UK.

It was revealed this morning by The Mole that a lucrative four-year deal had been placed on the 47-year-old’s table following the departure of former Warrington boss Daryl Powell.

However, Holbrook has decided to stay in the NRL.

https://www.totalrl.com/ex-st-helens-bo ... ob-offers/
Wise chap. Poisoned chalice.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

To me the whole club is rotten from the top down,years of Ill judged signings signings (Greg inglis still makes me smile) weren't down to Powell,yea he's not everyones cup of tea but he was right to try and get rid of players who simply hadn't brought the success that perhaps they'd hoped to.

Something is very wrong there that a club as wealthy as they seem to me to accept being average wouldn't sit right to me as a fan,makes you glad Wigan have been as well run as they've been over the last decade or so
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Jon Wilkin and ex-Warrington Wolves star both tip current Super League boss for Wire job

Following Daryl Powell’s dismissal from Warrington Wolves after defeat to Wakefield Trinity on Sunday the club set about an immediate head coach search, with ex St Helens boss Justin Holbrook top of the list.

Warrington interviewed Holbrook and tabled an offer but that’s been rejected with the former Gold Coast Titans boss now confirmed as linking up with Sydney Roosters for 2024.

As such a new betting favourite has emerged, as well as a shock contender with the Daily Telegraph reporting that Sam Burgess is on the list of candidates for Warrington to consider, but the man or men at the top of the market are Anthony Griffin and Salford Red Devils boss Paul Rowley.

That’s per Betfred, the Super League’s official betting partner, who have made both men 3/1 joint favourites with Newcastle Knights boss Adam O’Brien tight behind at 7/2.

If Warrington were able to land Rowley it would be a huge coup for them, not only a major shot in the arm for the team after they’ve slipped from first to sixth, but it would also take away the head coach of their nearest rivals with the Red Devils just one place and two points behind them.

Speaking midweek on the Rugby League Verdict live on Sky Sports News, Jon Wilkin suggested that he had heard murmurings of such a move.

I think the last few weeks a name that’s been mentioned to me quite often by a number of sources is Paul Rowley from Salford,” Wilkin explained.

“I know that won’t go down very well with people at Salford but obviously he’s doing a cracking job there.”

Rowley is currently on a six game losing streak and with the club having sold star young forward Tyler Dupree there are concerns at the AJ Bell, but Kevin Brown is another man who has supported the idea of Rowley going to the Halliwell Jones.

Speaking on the Sportsman’s ‘Last Tackle’ show, the former Warrington playmaker advocated for a senior coach and referenced Rowley as a potential candidate.

“I think they need a senior coach who’s been around the block, a Shaun Wane, a Paul Rowley, a Wayne Bennett, could they entice him over? They need someone who’s the biggest person out there.”

With today being the player registration deadline and plenty of moves expected to happen, could we see a shock head coach switch as well?

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/jon-wilk ... job-79632/
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Good odds for Justin Morgan, remember him taking KR Into SL (around 05/06).

Not sure what he's done since?

I'm presuming the favoured options of Wane, Briers and Monaghan won't touch the job!
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

Over here they're saying Mr Samuel Burgess currently of Sydney and formerly of Dewsbury is nailed on, apparently he's told South's he's taking the job for 2024.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007