Willie Peters confirms Hull KR loan deals after admission on team selection plans

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Willie Peters confirms Hull KR loan deals after admission on team selection plans

Post by josie andrews »

Rovers have signed Catalans Dragons halfback César Rougé, Wakefield Trinity prop Isaac Shaw and Warrington Wolves forward Luke Thomas on two-week loan deals.

Hull KR coach Willie Peters has confirmed the loan signings of Catalans Dragons halfback César Rougé, Wakefield Trinity prop Isaac Shaw and Warrington Wolves forward Luke Thomas on two-week deals. With the Rovers boss admitting he is planning to rest all of his top talent ahead of the Challenge Cup Final.

As per Hull Live's exclusive on Tuesday morning, Rougé, Thomas, and Shaw are essentially being brought to Rovers for one game before returning to their partner clubs. The Red and Whites will be running with an overhauled 17 at the DW Stadium, with the fact KR's reserves are in action hours prior to the main contest has also given Peters some selection headaches.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... gh-8644003
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Willie Peters confirms Hull KR loan deals after admission on team selection plans

Post by josie andrews »

Think it’s very disrespectful of any team to do this. And I really hope it backfires on them for the final.

Leigh have a much smaller squad to choose from I think but not happy that they too will resort to this.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Re: Willie Peters confirms Hull KR loan deals after admission on team selection plans

Post by josie andrews »

HKR boss Willie Peters confirms 3 injury blows as 6 players to make their debuts v Wigan Warriors

HULL KR head coach Willie Peters has confirmed that six players are in line to make their competitive debuts for the East Yorkshire club for this weekend’s fixture against Wigan Warriors on Friday night.

It follows KR’s 34-16 win over Castleford Tigers last weekend which saw Tom Opacic and Elliot Minchella leave the field early.

Now Peters has revealed that neither players will be in lining up on Friday.

Tom’s injury is causing him a bit of grief and he pulled up pretty sore which is why we pulled him off. He won’t play this week,” Peters said.

“It’s ongoing with Minnie (Elliot Minchella), he won’t play this week and will be ok for the week after, but Dean (Hadley) will play this week. He needs to play and the game against Wigan will be perfect for him.”

Peters has confirmed that six players are in line to make their debuts, including three signings and three young players.

“We are bringing in some players in this weekend to help with the bumps and bruises we have got. The two props are effort based players and they compete hard which is what we need.

Cesar is a half and hooker and is probably the most experienced out of the three so I am looking forward to seeing how they are doing.

“We will definitely go with some youth because we have got a lot of guys carrying a lot of things. There are guys in key positions that have played long minutes, we need to look at our halves to see who is available there in terms of their bodies and mentality.

“We will be going with a team that will compete hard but naturally we want to be smart, not pushing players that are carrying niggles and injuries

“Leo Tennison, Louix Gorman and Lennie Ellis will make their debuts and Brad Schneider won’t play. He has a back injury and couldn’t goal kick against Castleford.”

https://www.totalrl.com/hull-kr-boss-wi ... -warriors/
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:34 pm Think it’s very disrespectful of any team to do this. And I really hope it backfires on them for the final.

Leigh have a much smaller squad to choose from I think but not happy that they too will resort to this.
i completely get rotating the squad, but bringing loan players into allow him to do that is out of order

its almost like us going to Saints and asking for Walmsley for 1 game when we play Catalan, so our front row is better

i also think he has a shorter turn around as Leigh are only playing on Sunday if i've got it right
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

So expect a cricket score then come Friday in which no one in the sport comes out of looking good.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

We have to use this as an opportunity to increase our points difference and an opportunity to give Nsemba and Hill and genuine run out.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Thing is the season holds no value and its the most realistic chance KR have of landing a trophy probably for the foreseeable future so i understand why they have gone with this approach
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I remember Hull coming with a weakened team a few years ago and we struggled to beat them , these are the games we take for granted and start looking at points difference and end up with egg on our faces
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

But they should be using their squad, not bringing in 3 on loan for 2 weeks!! That’s my argument.

Plus HKR have a two day advantage over Leigh as the Leopards only play on Sunday v Leeds away
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

I agree with the pieman on this one, play who you want from within your own club , but can you really grab players from everywhere so you can give most of your players a rest. It's a mockery for me.