Havard ruled out for eight weeks

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Havard ruled out for eight weeks

Post by josie andrews »

Forward Ethan Havard has been ruled out for a further period of time.

22-year-old suffers setback in recovery from hamstring injury.

Matt Peet says ‘he us already working hard on recovery.’

Wigan Warriors forward Ethan Havard has suffered a setback in his recovery from a hamstring injury and faces up to a further eight weeks on the sidelines.

Havard, who recently signed a new contract with the Club, suffered a hamstring injury early in the Betfred Super League Round 18 tie against Wakefield Trinity, initially ruling him out for four to six weeks.

However, the 22-year-old has suffered a setback in training that required surgery.

Head coach Matt Peet said: “It’s sad news for Ethan and the team.

“He is a determined character and is already working hard on his rehabilitation.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/08/ ... ght-weeks/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fan4Fifty

Re: Havard ruled out for eight weeks

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Big blow for the business end of the season. Was hoping that we'd have Ethan back soon to bolster the pack but it looks like season over if the 8 weeks scenario is correct.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:27 am Big blow for the business end of the season. Was hoping that we'd have Ethan back soon to bolster the pack but it looks like season over if the 8 weeks scenario is correct.
It all depends when the op took place and his powers of recovery. Fingers crossed for Ethan.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I forgot to add that Ethan doesn’t need several games to get his fitness and form back like most prop forwards. I am sure the lad and Club will be doing everything in their power to get him fit for the playoffs.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wrap the lad in cotton wool and hopefully get him back for the later stages of the playoffs ( providing we make it)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wrap him in cotton wool and don't try to get him fit for the playoffs, I'd rather get him 110% healed and ready for the preseason rather than risk him getting re-injured
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:14 pm Wrap him in cotton wool and don't try to get him fit for the playoffs, I'd rather get him 110% healed and ready for the preseason rather than risk him getting re-injured
Im sure the club will no best so hopefully they make the right decision but, if fit, im sure he will want to play
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

big blow for us but as many have already said the main concern is him getting fit
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:14 pm Wrap him in cotton wool and don't try to get him fit for the playoffs, I'd rather get him 110% healed and ready for the preseason rather than risk him getting re-injured
Couldn't agree more.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Typical of the bad luck the team has experienced this season. :roll: We sign Dupree and so with him, Ellis and Harvard, we had three good forwards then it was pick another from a somewhat reinvigorated Mago, Hill and Byrne. Now we must play one of the last three regardless of any issues such as Byrne playing with pain killers, Hill's lack of experience and the possibility of Mago reverting to type and pray none of the other three get injured or suspended. :( When are we gong to get a break?