Tonight's Match - Wigan squad for Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Tonight's Match - Wigan squad for Hull FC

Post by josie andrews »

21-man squad announced for Friday’s Betfred Super League clash against Hull FC, in association with Greenmount Projects.

Matt Peet has made one change to his squad ahead of the game at the DW Stadium.

Wigan Warriors v Hull FC, Friday 18 August, 8pm K.O.

Matt Peet has named his 21-man squad for Friday’s Betfred Super League clash against Hull FC at the DW Stadium (8pm K.O.).

Peet has made one change to his 21-man squad for Friday as Sam Powell returns from injury to replace Kaide Ellis, who misses out through a one-match suspension.

If selected, Liam Byrne will make his 100th appearance for Wigan Warriors on Friday evening.

Wigan squad for Hull FC:

1 Jai Field
2 Bevan French
3 Toby King
4 Jake Wardle
5 Liam Marshall
6 Cade Cust
7 Harry Smith
9 Sam Powell
10 Liam Byrne
12 Liam Farrell
13 Morgan Smithies
17 Kai Pearce-Paul
19 Joe Shorrocks
20 Patrick Mago
21 Iain Thornley
22 Brad O’Neill
23 Abbas Miski
26 Harvie Hill
27 Junior Nsemba
32 Ryan Hampshire
34 Tyler Dupree

Tickets for Friday’s game against Hull FC remain on sale and can be bought online HERE or at the DW Stadium Ticket Office (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm).

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/08/ ... hull-fc-5/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Wigan squad for Hull FC

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors: Bevan French reflects on his seven tries against Hull FC at the DW Stadium last season

Wigan’s Bevan French says it was “crazy” to go over for record-breaking seven tries against Hull FC last season.

The Black and Whites are the visitors to the DW Stadium on Friday night, and will be hoping for an improvement on their last visit to the home of the Warriors- which ended in a 60-0 defeat.

French states he hasn’t thought too much about the Super League record he set, but admits it was a special occasion.

“It’d be good if there was a repeat of that,” he joked.

It was a while ago now, and a good time, but we’re expecting a different outfit this time.

“With where they are on the ladder, they will want to push for the finals.

If anything like the seven tries happens again then I’ll be very happy.

“It was a crazy game.

I had no idea what the record was. You don’t go into the game thinking about things like that.

I didn’t know I’d done it when it happened. I was just glad to do it at the DW Stadium.

“I’ve never really thought about it much.

“I’ve not had any better days in terms of tries.

It was different being on the wing, your job is simple, you just need to finish the tries.

“Now I’m in the mix where I’ve got to manage games and create opportunities for other people, while making sure my defence is good- and I’m enjoying that part at the moment.

“I know I broke the record, but in my head I don’t see it as a big thing.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... on-4255057
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Smith Names 21-Man Squad For Wigan Trip

Tony Smith has named his 21-man squad for Friday’s Betfred Super League Round 22 fixture against Wigan Warriors, brought to you in association with Jadan Press.

The Black & Whites travel to the DW Stadium aiming to claim their first away win against the Warriors since 2019.

Smith has made two changes to the side that defeated Wakefield Trinity before the league break for the Challenge Cup Final, with Liam Sutcliffe recovering from a finger injury to return, and young back-rower Zach Jebson also coming into the squad.

The pair replace Brad Fash, who serves his one-game suspension, and Jamie Shaul.

Tex Hoy remains unavailable for selection with a hamstring injury, while Mitieli Vulikijapani continues his recovery from knee surgery.

The full 21-man squad can be found below:

2 – Adam Swift

3 – Carlos Tuimavave

4 – Liam Sutcliffe

5 – Darnell McIntosh

6 – Jake Trueman

7 – Jake Clifford

8 – Ligi Sao

9 – Danny Houghton

10 – Chris Satae

11 – Andre Savelio

12 – Jordan Lane

14 – Joe Lovodua

15 – Joe Cator

17 – Cam Scott

20 – Jack Brown

25 – Davy Litten

26 – Harvey Barron

27 – Will Gardiner

30 – Scott Taylor

33 – Brad Dwyer

37 – Zach Jebson

https://www.hullfc.com/blog/2023/08/16/ ... igan-trip/
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Field
Miski
King
Wardle
Marshall

French
Smith

Hill
ONeil
Byrne
Shorrocks
Farrell
Smithies

Mago,KPP,Nsemba,Dupree

I think that has a good balance to start with and plenty of bite off the bench. I have a feeling he may well start Dupree and leave either Hill or Nsemba out for Powell or Cust
craigo

Post by craigo »

I am probably missing tomorrow. Very heavy cold. Asthma playing up. Hardly any sleep last night. Too sickly to eat. Gonna have to be one major recovery to be able to go. Shame, Because we will paste them.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
pedro

Post by pedro »

craigo wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:37 pm I am probably missing tomorrow. Very heavy cold. Asthma playing up. Hardly any sleep last night. Too sickly to eat. Gonna have to be one major recovery to be able to go. Shame, Because we will paste them.
not sure pal, they are very hit and miss
Welski

Post by Welski »

craigo wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:37 pm I am probably missing tomorrow. Very heavy cold. Asthma playing up. Hardly any sleep last night. Too sickly to eat. Gonna have to be one major recovery to be able to go. Shame, Because we will paste them.
This list reminds me of a colleague of mine who was once asked by his boss “how sick are you?”

He replied’ well I once slept with my granny’

Royal Scottish bank sacked him.

He joined us and went in to greater things. Sort of.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
craigo

Post by craigo »

Welski wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:00 pm
This list reminds me of a colleague of mine who was once asked by his boss “how sick are you?”

No. Not improved enough. Too faint to get in the shower. Missing it. In the past when I have not gone to a home game, We have either won easily or its been a classic.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Welski

Post by Welski »

craigo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:39 pm
Welski wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:00 pm

No. Not improved enough. Too faint to get in the shower. Missing it. In the past when I have not gone to a home game, We have either won easily or its been a classic.
Hope you feel better soon - a thumping win is just what the doctor ordered.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
medlocke

Re: Tonight's Match - Wigan squad for Hull FC

Post by medlocke »

How's it going, what's the score