Wigan TV

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Wigan TV

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:25 pm
benjamaphone wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:51 am Might just be me but the 'midnight on Sunday' is misleading I think - I clarified it with the club and it's not 'first thing Sunday morning' as I assumed but 'the very end of Sunday evening'. So basically the games get released after the weekend, regardless of when they were played.

I think.
Sky rule probably...
It is down to Sky, copyright or something
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:50 pm
Sky rule probably...
Makes sense!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:34 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:28 pm Where is the academy game?
It was played at St Helens & I suppose the club would have to request it from them as I would think the Wigan TV staff would be in France.
Fair enough. You would think that we could have an agreement with Saints though.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:57 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:34 pm
It was played at St Helens & I suppose the club would have to request it from them as I would think the Wigan TV staff would be in France.
Fair enough. You would think that we could have an agreement with Saints though.
Will have to wait & see.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

On there now
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:50 pm
benjamaphone wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:51 am Might just be me but the 'midnight on Sunday' is misleading I think - I clarified it with the club and it's not 'first thing Sunday morning' as I assumed but 'the very end of Sunday evening'. So basically the games get released after the weekend, regardless of when they were played.

I think.
Sky rule probably...
For sure its a Sky exclusive rights thing, they pay a lot of cash for the exclusivity.
I've seen a few posters saying that games are "missing" from WiganTV they are not - the annoying thing is that games are not easy to find if you just look in the playlists for, say, the Reserves - games are not listed but they are on the site. Taking Reserves as a case in point, the away game at Saints is on Wigan TV, away games are the "property" of the home team - if they did bother to film the Academy game it might appear on our site.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

The Academy game away at Saints is on the site now, appeared this morning.