Matty Peet outlines Wigan Warriors' preparations ahead of their trip to Perpignan to face Catalans Dragons

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Matty Peet outlines Wigan Warriors' preparations ahead of their trip to Perpignan to face Catalans Dragons

Post by josie andrews »

Matty Peet says it will be important for Wigan Warriors to rest up ahead of their game against Catalans Dragons in Perpignan.

The two teams go head-to-head at the Stade Gilbert Brutus next Saturday, as they look to cement their places in the Super League table.

Peet states he’s looking forward to the trip over to France.

It’ll be a very different game next week you’d imagine, it’ll probably look like a different sport,” he said

“It’s important that we rest up but we’re looking forward to the week.

“We get an extra day of recovery.

“It’s a massive test and a massive challenge but it’s one we’re going to embrace.

“Catalans are the benchmark team in the competition- they have been all year.

“It’s always a great atmosphere when you play in front of the French crowd.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ns-4261358
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Matty Peet outlines Wigan Warriors' preparations ahead of their trip to Perpignan to face Catalans Dragons

Post by josie andrews »

Matty Peet says it will be important for Wigan Warriors to rest up ahead of their game against Catalans Dragons in Perpignan.
Rest up? They’ve just had two weeks off & we saw what that did to the performance on Friday! 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Matty Peet outlines Wigan Warriors' preparations ahead of their trip to Perpignan to face Catalans Dragons

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:51 pm
Rest up? They’ve just had two weeks off & we saw what that did to the performance on Friday! 🤨
Jetlag preparation I imagine.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

We need to work on attacking patterns, using dummy runners and getting the ball out wide faster
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

What a load of garbage rest up at the business end of the season
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:39 pm
Jetlag preparation I imagine.
It’s a 1 hour difference
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

My thoughts too
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Think the jetlag always affects us at wakey as well
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:58 am We need to work on attacking patterns, using dummy runners and getting the ball out wide faster
Definitely this
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Soul Kitchen

Post by Soul Kitchen »

Why do people take comments literally?
I take it they won't be "trained hard" as Lam used to say and that comment use to draw derision.
Perhaps best to leave it to those that know best as they'll live or fall on their decisions under normal circumstances.