Peet on Cooper

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrAlex

Peet on Cooper

Post by MrAlex »

Exiled Wiganer

Re: Peet on Cooper

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If Mago kicks on, as seems possible, we could have a prop group of Cooper, Havard, Dupree, Ellis, Mago, Byrne and Hill… (did I miss anyone?) that is potentially a strong line up.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Mago caused problems for Hull the other night but he's not produced enough in his two seasons with us. He's looking like one of those players who only makes a big effort when a new contract is in the offing. Surely we must be able to do better than him with a quota spot.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Great news re Cooper. He could have a couple of good years left with any luck - a modern-day Kevin Ward. And be a steadying influence on our young props.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:06 pm If Mago kicks on, as seems possible, we could have a prop group of Cooper, Havard, Dupree, Ellis, Mago, Byrne and Hill… (did I miss anyone?) that is potentially a strong line up.
Walters. Probably the player I'm looking forward to seeing most next season
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:52 pm Great news re Cooper. He could have a couple of good years left with any luck - a modern-day Kevin Ward. And be a steadying influence on our young props.
I hope he can get back from that injury. It would be a big ask at his age but the sounds from the club are good. We definitely need that older head in amongst our young props
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:13 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:06 pm If Mago kicks on, as seems possible, we could have a prop group of Cooper, Havard, Dupree, Ellis, Mago, Byrne and Hill… (did I miss anyone?) that is potentially a strong line up.
Walters. Probably the player I'm looking forward to seeing most next season
I have a hunch he will be 2nd row next season.
Karl Carpenter

Post by Karl Carpenter »

Tiaki Chan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mago has shown himself the last few weeks it's been fun watching players trying to take him down so his talent is still there so it'll be interesting to see if he stays on
jobo

Post by jobo »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:52 pm Great news re Cooper. He could have a couple of good years left with any luck - a modern-day Kevin Ward. And be a steadying influence on our young props.
Kevin Ward, great player. Hope Cooper doesn't end his career in the same way as Kevin.