Wigan Warriors: Ryan Hampshire faces uncertain future as Matt Peet reveals contract negotiations

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TravellingWarrior

Wigan Warriors: Ryan Hampshire faces uncertain future as Matt Peet reveals contract negotiations

Post by TravellingWarrior »

The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page.
Barney841

Re: Wigan Warriors: Ryan Hampshire faces uncertain future as Matt Peet reveals contract negotiations

Post by Barney841 »

Complete waste of the salary cap
Shevvylad

Re: Wigan Warriors: Ryan Hampshire faces uncertain future as Matt Peet reveals contract negotiations

Post by Shevvylad »

Ridiculous signing in the first place....
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

They obviously have no confidence in him so why sign him in the first place?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i think with this one its time to move on

at the time it was seen as a low risk signing with a player coming back from injury who could cover a couple of positions in our back line. Unfortunately, even after recovering (and what was our 1st 2 choice no 6 out, he didnt get a gig)

probably in the best interests of all parties that he's let know either way so he can get a gig elsewhere as soon as poss if he aint staying
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I wonder if the coaching staff wanted Hampshire. There were opportunities to play him but they didn't take them. Pete is very conservative on his team selections, to the point where he won't play youngsters he picked. perhaps he's learning this about himself as time goes on and Hampshire is too risky for him to consider?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Miry Lane Casuals

Post by Miry Lane Casuals »

The type of signing someone might make 3 bottles deep on Loch Lomond
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Shevvylad wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:42 am Ridiculous signing in the first place....
Said it from day one