Tonight's Game/Wigan squad for Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Tonight's Game/Wigan squad for Catalans

Post by josie andrews »

21-man squad announced for Saturday’s Betfred Super League clash against Catalans Dragons, in association with Greenmount Projects.

Matt Peet has made one change to his squad ahead of the game at Stade Gilbert Brutus.
Catalans Dragons v Wigan Warriors, Saturday 26 August, 6pm K.O. (BST)

Matt Peet has named his 21-man squad for Saturday’s Betfred Super League clash against Catalans Dragons at Stade Gilbert Brutus (6pm K.O. BST).

Peet has made one change to his 21-man squad for Saturday, this week Iain Thornley drops out of the squad in place of Kaide Ellis who returns from a one-match suspension.

Wigan squad for Catalans Dragons:

1 Jai Field
2 Bevan French
3 Toby King
4 Jake Wardle
5 Liam Marshall
6 Cade Cust
7 Harry Smith
9 Sam Powell
10 Liam Byrne
12 Liam Farrell
13 Morgan Smithies
15 Kaide Ellis
17 Kai Pearce-Paul
19 Joe Shorrocks
20 Patrick Mago
22 Brad O’Neill
23 Abbas Miski
26 Harvie Hi
27 junior Nsemba
32 Ryan Hampshire
34 Tyler Dupree

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/08/ ... atalans-5/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Wigan squad for Catalans

Post by josie andrews »

Travel guide: Catalans (A)

Travel guide ahead of Super League fixture against Catalans Dragons at the Stade Gilbert Brutus.

Supporters with a valid match ticket can travel for free via bus throughout the city on game day.

Tickets are now off-sale via Wigan Warriors, so can only be purchased through Catalans Dragons.

Here’s all the travel and ticketing information ahead of this weekend’s visit to Stade Gilbert Brutus as we face Catalans Dragons.

The Gilbert Brutus Stadium is placed in the North East of the city, near to Perpignan Airport. The stadium address is: Stade Gilbert Brutus – Avenue de l’aérodrome – 66000 Perpignan. Landed in Spain or France ready for the weekend? See below on how to get there…

By Bus

On game day, all the buses from CTPM Company will be free to use for supporters of both teams who have a valid match ticket. Fans can take advantage of this offer by taking the bus from any stop in the town centre, and the routes which pass the Gilbert Brutus Stadium are 4 – 12 – 13 – 14.

All these buses stop at the bus stop BRUTUS, which is located behind the swimming pool on Avenue de l’aérodrome). The full bus route map can be found HERE. Click here for the full map

For supporters looking to return to Perpignan post-match, a special bus will depart the stadium from behind the swimming pool – on the opposite side of the road – every 15 minutes.

By car

Via A9 (Montpellier – Toulouse)

Take the exit N°41 – Perpignan North – Follow AIRPORT
Rejoindre D900 – Follow AIRPORT
Take the exit Avenue de l’Aérodrome – Haut Vernet
At the round-about of the airport, take the 5th exit (turn-around) on D117
You’ll find the Gilbert Brutus Stadium on your left

From Spain – Via E15 and A9

Take the exit N°42 – Perpignan South – Follow PERPIGNAN CITY-CENTER
Stay on D900
Follow AIRPORT
Take the exit N°7 D117 – Follow Foix l Airport l Haut-Vernet
At the round-about take the 1st exit on the right on D117
You’ll find the Gilbert Brutus Stadium on your left

Please note there is no parking available at the Stade Gilbert Brutus. Supporters are advised that there may be parking available in the streets nearby, or alternatively, there is plenty spaces the city centre.

By train :

With the TGV, Perpignan is based:

1h20 to Barcelona
1h30 to Montpellier (1h50 with the TER)
2h50 to Toulouse (via Narbonne)
5h00 to Paris

Further information can be found HERE.

At the ground

The turnstiles at the Stade Gilbert Brutus will open two hours before kick off, and supporters are advised to arrive at the stadium in advance to avoid queues.

There will be plenty of activities to take part in around the stadium, and inside the ground there will be numerous bars and snack vendors serving food and drink. There is also a bar located behind the Guasch Stand, which will be open until 8:30pm.

Catalans Dragons recommend supporters to use credit cards to purchase items inside the stadium, or alternatively fans can use cash to redeem tokens which can be used.

Please note that no food and drink will be accepted on stadium walkways, and that items can only be consumed in seats.

Tickets

Tickets can be purchased directly through Catalans Dragons up until kick off, either from the Stadium Ticket Office on game day or online HERE. Supporters are advised to buy tickets in advance online as the match is nearing a sell out.

Please note that tickets are now off-sale via Wigan Warriors.

The Stade Gilbert Brutus Ticket Office, which is located at the front of the Puig-Aubert Stand, will open two hours before kick off [5pm local time].

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/08/ ... atalans-a/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Welski

Post by Welski »

I was soooo tempted to go this time but for various reasons couldn’t. Out of interest how many from here and in general make the trip and do you all tend to go as a group?
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

I’ve never been, and can’t make it this weekend but am curious, and would love to go at some point in the future.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'm the same; I've promised myself I'd go one year, but haven't managed it yet.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Its a great trip. You can have a bit of a beach break if you've got time, or just bum around the old part of the town in the bars and cafes and stroll to the ground. A grand day, weekend (or week) out.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:43 pm Its a great trip. You can have a bit of a beach break if you've got time, or just bum around the old part of the town in the bars and cafes and stroll to the ground. A grand day, weekend (or week) out.
I agree Mike it is a must do for anyone that has not been.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Never been myself but did go to the barcelona game
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:30 pm Never been myself but did go to the barcelona game
Barcelona was a cracking day. Bar the result. The atmosphere before the game and inside the stadium was amazing
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Cracking the flags in :? Lloret 38C :?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame