Powell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dreamteam

Re: Powell

Post by Dreamteam »

Shouldn’t we be thanking them for taking Powell off us ?
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Fair bit of disrespect being shown to a player who has been an exceptional club man for us.

I agree it’s time for him to go but I’m thankful for the shifts he has put in particularly in the middle of the park in defence.

I do think he had an attacking threat but coaching philosophy at the club dictated he had to change that in favour of a more controlling style and that has probably come back to bite him later in his Wigan career.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Jonh wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:51 pm Fair bit of disrespect being shown to a player who has been an exceptional club man for us.

I agree it’s time for him to go but I’m thankful for the shifts he has put in particularly in the middle of the park in defence.

I do think he had an attacking threat but coaching philosophy at the club dictated he had to change that in favour of a more controlling style and that has probably come back to bite him later in his Wigan career.
Totally agree not warranted all this shit. Been a good club player and deserves some respect for that.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:48 pm
Jonh wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:51 pm Fair bit of disrespect being shown to a player who has been an exceptional club man for us.

Totally agree not warranted all this shit. Been a good club player and deserves some respect for that.
Well said
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

WarriorRoss11 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:07 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:30 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:28 am Trout is going to Leigh.
Who else then? They wanted everyone for wardle so time for payback.Trying to think of a good fit
Joe Greenwood
With his injury record, you must be joking. Good size, poor attitude.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I'm with you Jon.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

He was a great third tackler
Shaun Wane Legend

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:48 pm

Absolutely agree. Should show more respect for a player who gives his all for Wigan. Strange attitude some have towards players and former players.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Good player great clubman, won most things with and for us.
In agreement with others here a little respect is not to hard to give.
His best game for us was for me the world club against Cronulla to do what he did that day is beyond 99.9% of us.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

He gets my respect.
But I still feel happy to see the back of him, as I think now we can now move forward as a team. We’ve been begging for a change in the hooker position for about 3 seasons now