Powell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Powell

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:14 pm He gets my respect.
But I still feel happy to see the back of him, as I think now we can now move forward as a team. We’ve been begging for a change in the hooker position for about 3 seasons now
Some have. I am not convinced by Leeming but I hope he proves me wrong.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:41 pm
But I still feel happy to see the back of him, as I think now we can now move forward as a team. We’ve been begging for a change in the hooker position for about 3 seasons now
Nor me mate he is from the Jake Connor school of player one good performance then goes missing,have to say I find it amusing fans think Matty Peet comes here for tactics and who to sign..
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:22 pm
Nor me mate he is from the Jake Connor school of player one good performance then goes missing,have to say I find it amusing fans think Matty Peet comes here for tactics and who to sign..
O’Neill is the boy and we should have given Forber a go.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I not convinced by Leeming but I still think he’s an improvement on Powell, well different at least
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Whether the club have made the right choice with Leeming does not alter the fact Powell has never been good enough. When Micky Mac left it’s got to have been one of the worst decisions ever to not recruit a replacement and just give Powell the job. Relatively cheap option mind you which in my opinion probably played a part.
Flash

Post by Flash »

The main thing is that we don't squeeze O'Neil's game time. Competition for places is a good thing but, Leeming or Powell, O'Neil should be first choice hooker going forward.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Flash wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:06 am The main thing is that we don't squeeze O'Neil's game time. Competition for places is a good thing but, Leeming or Powell, O'Neil should be first choice hooker going forward.
You do tend to forget he's just 21 at times.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:02 pm
I not convinced by Leeming but I still think he’s an improvement on Powell, well different at least
I’m not 100% set on Leeming. Watching the highlights of the Gold Coast game today his support play was really good. I don’t expect him to keep pace with French or fields but when players break through the line hopefully they have the option to pass to Leeming. This season we’ve lacked support runners at time. Also if he was the captain of Leeds hopefully he can bring a bit of experience and leadership to the field
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Leeming hasn't been signed to be a Powell mark 2 he's been signed to give us something different i.e. pace from the ruck. I accept that Leeming's defence may not be as solid as Sam's but the combination of Leeming and O'Neil will be stronger than the Powell/O'Neil combo. I expect both of them to play most weeks so O'Neil won't lack game time unless Leeming proves to be clearly better overall.
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

O'Neil starts to do all the tough stuff which he does really well, then bring on Leaming when the opposition are searching for their second wind. That is how I believe he will be best used, because I'm not sure about him in a grind.