Toby King

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
pearsy

Re: Toby King

Post by pearsy »

If he does go back he better get use to losing after today's performance against Salford
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

pearsy wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:37 pm If he does go back he better get use to losing after today's performance against Salford
Cheers im just watching that behind at the moment
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

This was always the worry though no he was and is a wire player like it or not sadly I think he will regress back to the player he was there rather than the sleek model Wigan have at the moment
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

The problem with keeping King isn’t just that he’s Warringtons player, it’s the apparent wage he is on. Warrington have confirmed one of the reasons they are more open to keep him is the new marquee player ruling and as much as I like him and think he’s been a success I don’t feel he should command marquee wages, he is far from the most skilfull player and his main attribute for me is his graft taking the ball in and making meters, as valuable as that has been I don’t think it’s worth such a hit in a salary cap sport.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

CobraCraig wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:15 pm The problem with keeping King isn’t just that he’s Warringtons player, it’s the apparent wage he is on. Warrington have confirmed one of the reasons they are more open to keep him is the new marquee player ruling and as much as I like him and think he’s been a success I don’t feel he should command marquee wages, he is far from the most skilfull player and his main attribute for me is his graft taking the ball in and making meters, as valuable as that has been I don’t think it’s worth such a hit in a salary cap sport.
It depends how much the club value what he does. I don't think what exactly it is that you do well really makes that much difference. You're going to get more players in the spine of the side as marquee players due to how important those players are to the team, but if a player is one of the best in the game at doing the hard stuff, I don't see why they shouldn't be earning top dollar
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

CobraCraig wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:15 pm The problem with keeping King isn’t just that he’s Warringtons player, it’s the apparent wage he is on. Warrington have confirmed one of the reasons they are more open to keep him is the new marquee player ruling and as much as I like him and think he’s been a success I don’t feel he should command marquee wages, he is far from the most skilfull player and his main attribute for me is his graft taking the ball in and making meters, as valuable as that has been I don’t think it’s worth such a hit in a salary cap sport.
Players don’t always get more salary after each move or new contract…

Wigan should only offer what they think King is worth & what we can afford.

If that’s less than what he’s getting at Warrington then the decision is up to King and depends what he values the most.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:13 pm
Players don’t always get more salary after each move or new contract…

Wigan should only offer what they think King is worth & what we can afford.

If that’s less than what he’s getting at Warrington then the decision is up to King and depends what he values the most.
That’s what I’m saying, he might want to stay but not enough to take the potentially sizeable pay cut, plus I feel it’s likely a moot point as we have signed Keighran and think this ship has sailed.
Flash

Post by Flash »

I suppose it's what we already knew but now confirmed:

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigan-wa ... ure-81966/