Toby King

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Brennox7

Toby King

Post by Brennox7 »

Seems Warrington have signed two centres in the last few days. Both project players granted but with ratchford and matauitia there as well as Connor Wrench do we see King fitting back in?

He’s had a great year but maybe burgess and co don’t see him as a wire player next season?

I’d happily keep him and put keighran at 6 as in my opinion, I think either field or french will leave after next year (hoping not)
josie andrews

Re: Toby King

Post by josie andrews »

I’d definitely keep Toby, you can see the difference in him when he is happy playing here.

He said to me a while ago when I asked him if he enjoyed it here (I know he’s not going to say he’s not) & if he had heard anything about returning to Wire?

He said he loved everything about being here at Wigan & felt like he was on ‘probation here & wasn’t looking forward to going back to jail’!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:38 pm I’d definitely keep Toby, you can see the difference in him when he is happy playing here.

He said to me a while ago when I asked him if he enjoyed it here (I know he’s not going to say he’s not) & if he had heard anything about returning to Wire?

He said he loved everything about being here at Wigan & felt like he was on ‘probation here & wasn’t looking forward to going back to jail’!
Yeah I agree, he’s been good to have in the side this season, complemented miski as well.

You seem to be in the know Josie, what do you think about the long term futures of Field and French? Off topic I know but I’m interested to see how things develop for the pair after next season, hoping they stay 🙏
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brennox7 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:43 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:38 pm I’d definitely keep Toby, you can see the difference in him when he is happy playing here.

Yeah I agree, he’s been good to have in the side this season, complemented miski as well.

You seem to be in the know Josie, what do you think about the long term futures of Field and French? Off topic I know but I’m interested to see how things develop for the pair after next season, hoping they stay 🙏
I’d like them both to finish their careers here. I know wishful thinking. I don’t normally ask players about their future it was just me & Toby were just chatting & I told him I’d like him to stay here & he just said he didn’t know what was happening. That was in June & we still really don’t know what is happening.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Brennox7 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:18 pm Seems Warrington have signed two centres in the last few days. Both project players granted but with ratchford and matauitia there as well as Connor Wrench do we see King fitting back in?

He’s had a great year but maybe burgess and co don’t see him as a wire player next season?

I’d happily keep him and put keighran at 6 as in my opinion, I think either field or french will leave after next year (hoping not)
How often have you seen Keighran play 6 and what is he like in that position?

Interested to know how many times he's played 6 out of his 43 senior appearances? It mentions on wikipedia he played the last 10 games of the 2018 season for Penriths New South Wales cup team.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:21 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:18 pm Seems Warrington have signed two centres in the last few days. Both project players granted but with ratchford and matauitia there as well as Connor Wrench do we see King fitting back in?

Interested to know how many times he's played 6 out of his 43 senior appearances? It mentions on wikipedia he played the last 10 games of the 2018 season for Penriths New South Wales cup team.
We should try him at 13
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Okay mate chill out. How many times did you watch French play full back before he joined Wigan? Field never played full back in his senior career before signing for us either.

I’ll ask keighran next time I join him for coffee 👍
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Brennox7 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:11 pm

Okay mate chill out. How many times did you watch French play full back before he joined Wigan? Field never played full back in his senior career before signing for us either.

I’ll ask keighran next time I join him for coffee 👍
It’s just a question, relax, some watch the NRL and the NSW cup and will know the answer. You clearly don’t and are suggesting put him at 6 because you’ve read he can play there. That’s absolutely fine.

I’ve only seen him play centre which is why I haven’t suggested playing him 6.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

I watch my share of the NRL to be fair but no never seen him play 6 only centre when he made that last second tackle against the titans to win the game in the play offs.

If he’s played half back initially then we should assume that’s his natural position but I’m not 100 percent sure.

However, if we don’t sign a natural 6 before next season, I’d be happy to give him a chance there (if we keep king as initially said)
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

" He said he loved everything about being here at Wigan & felt like he was on ‘probation here & wasn’t looking forward to going back to jail’! " just hope the Warrington management doesn't read this or he may have trouble being welcomed when he returns .