Sam Powell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Brennox7

Sam Powell

Post by Brennox7 »

To Leeds Rhinos
bertina

Re: Sam Powell

Post by bertina »

Brennox7 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:29 pm To Leeds Rhinos
[/quote
Source please ?
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Given where Leeds appear to be, I would imagine a consistent performer like Sam would be a good signing for them. If nothing else he would drive the defensive standards of Leeds.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Jonathon Kerr (JK) wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:15 pm Given where Leeds appear to be, I would imagine a consistent performer like Sam would be a good signing for them. If nothing else he would drive the defensive standards of Leeds.
Yup I’d agree Leeds need someone like him to calm them all down,Newman et all in particular
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I am sure their fans will be thrilled.

Oh, hang on....
RovingRhino
NO! This says it all about the Rhinos and its total lack of ambition at the moment: Sam Powell is absolutely nothing better than we have at the moment, so why on Earth bother? If, and it's a big if, we need a new hooker then it has to be an individual that adds a wow factor to the team, e.g. Leigh's Edwin Ipape, not another over-thirty also-ran.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

DaveO wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:10 pm I am sure their fans will be thrilled.

Oh, hang on....
RovingRhino
NO! This says it all about the Rhinos and its total lack of ambition at the moment: Sam Powell is absolutely nothing better than we have at the moment, so why on Earth bother? If, and it's a big if, we need a new hooker then it has to be an individual that adds a wow factor to the team, e.g. Leigh's Edwin Ipape, not another over-thirty also-ran.
Careful Dave, the fanboys won't be happy :lol: :lol:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:43 pm

Oh, hang on....
RovingRhino
But as you've pointed out no other superleague club would even look at Powell regardless of the vocal minority opinions so its a mute point.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:57 pm

Oh, hang on....

But as you've pointed out no other superleague club would even look at Powell regardless of the vocal minority opinions so its a mute point.
I don’t know why Leeds, who are supped to be a top team , but who are doing a grand job of looking otherwise at the moment, would sign him for the same reasons as that Leeds fan was blowing a gasket. It’s an indication of how fans of other teams view him. I think you will get a similar reaction from fans of whichever club he does sign for. Well apart from those clubs Happy Clappers that is.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:04 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:57 pm
I don’t know why Leeds, who are supped to be a top team , but who are doing a grand job of looking otherwise at the moment, would sign him for the same reasons as that Leeds fan was blowing a gasket. It’s an indication of how fans of other teams view him. I think you will get a similar reaction from fans of whichever club he does sign for. Well apart from those clubs Happy Clappers that is.
Sorry, social media does not give a majority view. It is an echo chamber.

But one of the arguments against Powell on this site has been no other team would even look at him so means the rumours fake.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.