Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Re: 2024

Post by lucky 13 »

Personally going forward I would have loved to keep KPP adding Walters and Nasemba to that back row would give serious size and skill unfortunately we won't see how teams would have handled that. With Havard , Byrne, Dupree, Ellis and O'Neil that's a pretty big settled and youthful set up up the middle. Leeming Faz and Isa bring experience and a degree of utility cover as does Shorrocks. Smithies going into the last year of his contracts a question mark with Aus agent and NRL a danger, the upward curve of Mago if it continues could be another thing we will need to sort out. In a strange way I imagine Nicholson as stalled his own progress he would have got first shot before Jnr who's played regularly and in what must be a better environment.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

I fear Smithies will be gone in the next 12 months. Raiders were showing heavy interest and a few others sniffing around.

Club digging heels in but it'll be a matter of time I'd imagine
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DavidB wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:58 pm I fear Smithies will be gone in the next 12 months. Raiders were showing heavy interest and a few others sniffing around.

It will be interesting to see what package Wigan can offer to Morgan given Danson will be in charge.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:14 am
DavidB wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:58 pm I fear Smithies will be gone in the next 12 months. Raiders were showing heavy interest and a few others sniffing around.

It will be interesting to see what package Wigan can offer to Morgan given Danson will be in charge.
I really don’t think Danson will be offering big bucks,I suspect he’s more akin to Lenegan than daddy warbucks I’m certainly taking that view because the club is losing money,quite a bit too he will want that sorting out I’d assume,as I say billionaires are savvy with money they seldom throw it about loads a money style because doing that they seldom stay billionaires.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Given there is a salary cap, and we are led to believe we always spend up to / near to it, the only way it makes a difference Danson being in charge rather than IL is if we utilise the 3rd marquee slot.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wes

Post by Wes »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:49 am

I really don’t think Danson will be offering big bucks,I suspect he’s more akin to Lenegan than daddy warbucks I’m certainly taking that view because the club is losing money,quite a bit too he will want that sorting out I’d assume,as I say billionaires are savvy with money they seldom throw it about loads a money style because doing that they seldom stay billionaires.
And yet didn’t he pay a fee for Dupree ergo spending money🤷
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wes wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:45 pm

Was that Danson?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

How do we know he did?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

That was well before his takeover so for me Lenegan gets credit for that and let's be fair how much was really paid for him?
pedro

Post by pedro »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:30 pm

That was well before his takeover so for me Lenegan gets credit for that and let's be fair how much was really paid for him?
he was part owner though