Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: 2024

Post by Charriots Offiah »

southportcdm wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:20 pm No word about Rocky for next season? I'd be happy if we kept him now that he's fully fit but I can't imagine that he'll settle for such a back seat role next time around. I assume Thornley will move on and we'll use Eckersley and Douglas(?) as cover for the centres/wing.
If Hampshire and Thornley move on then we should have some salary cap left. I would like to see us reward Nsembe and Hill with new contracts.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:33 pm
southportcdm wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:20 pm No word about Rocky for next season? I'd be happy if we kept him now that he's fully fit but I can't imagine that he'll settle for such a back seat role next time around. I assume Thornley will move on and we'll use Eckersley and Douglas(?) as cover for the centres/wing.
If Hampshire and Thornley move on then we should have some salary cap left. I would like to see us reward Nsembe and Hill with new contracts.
Junior already has a new contract done ready to be announced
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:27 am
Big Steve wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:52 am Shorrocks also isn't getting a start or a bench spot unless injuries
The thing with Shorrocks is he is very versatile and can do things other forwards we have can't do (although Smithies has stepped up his link game).
What are the things he can do other forwards can’t? I know he can’t make any yards like other forwards. Yes he’s versatile but he’s not that good in any position in my opinion.
Charriots Offiah

Dreamteam wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:35 pm
Great, do you know the length of the contract?
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:50 pm

3 years
Charriots Offiah

Dreamteam wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:21 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:50 pm

3 years
Excellent news. Thank you.
CobraCraig

Post by CobraCraig »

w.thomas wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:47 pm
Big Steve wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:52 am Shorrocks also isn't getting a start or a bench spot unless injuries
The thing with Shorrocks is he is very versatile and can do things other forwards we have can't do (although Smithies has stepped up his link game).
What are the things he can do other forwards can’t? I know he can’t make any yards like other forwards. Yes he’s versatile but he’s not that good in any position in my opinion.
He’s got great hands for a forward imo and can cover numerous positions. The problem is he’s undersized and not fast or explosive, if he had physical gifts he’d be a great player. He’s a decent squad option on a low wage imo but he’s not going to be someone you would be gutted about leaving, I wish we had kept McDonnell over him.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

He’s got great hands for a forward imo and can cover numerous positions. The problem is he’s undersized and not fast or explosive, if he had physical gifts he’d be a great player. He’s a decent squad option on a low wage imo but he’s not going to be someone you would be gutted about leaving, I wish we had kept McDonnell over him.
Spot on mate, agree with all that. Size isn’t everything but he simply doesn’t make any meters. He is a good defender though and has a great engine I will give him that.
Flash

Post by Flash »

CobraCraig wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:19 pm

Haven't seen anything in McDonnell that makes me think he's a big loss. Seems like a grafter and not much else. Nsemba has twice the potential. at the time he was never going to get in at the expense of Farrell, Bateman or KPP so probably did the right thing moving on.
Charriots Offiah

Flash wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:36 pm
CobraCraig wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:19 pm

Haven't seen anything in McDonnell that makes me think he's a big loss. Seems like a grafter and not much else. Nsemba has twice the potential. at the time he was never going to get in at the expense of Farrell, Bateman or KPP so probably did the right thing moving on.
I agree, my preference would have been to keep Nicholson.