Disciplinary

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Ipinwigan

Re: Disciplinary

Post by Ipinwigan »

I can see a Warrington appeal coming and the ban being quashed, which will make the Disciplinary Panel even more of a joke than they already are.
They are not fit for purpose and if the RFL don't do something about them, then there are going to be even more disillusioned fans.
The game is a tough sport and it's obvious when something deliberate happens to cause injury.
This health and safety overkill needs to stop.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The panel haven’t been fit for purpose for the last couple of years.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Green Machine wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:37 am They’ve set themselves a precedent now, how many times do we see players drag an opponent off a tackle to get a quicker play the ball. Is that now going to be an automatic 4 game ban?
Only if the offender is a Wigan player or if it's Kaide Ellis, 10 matches.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Gerrumonside wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:47 am I have to say that Vaughan 4 match ban is absolutely shocking and just shows how inept people at the top are as they cannot see the damage these morons are doing.

Saw a clip of the incident - Mata’utia was time wasting as it’s the last minute (and probably knackered) which a lot of players do, 4 match ban for that is absurd…
I'm mixed on this one

i've seen the clip over recent days of when Masoe got injured a couple of years ago, and there was absolutely nothing in it, but it finished his career.

Luckily he was defender and no-one was trying to pick him up and tell him to get on with it, now if someone had tried to pick him up, he could have been very seriously injured (not that it wasnt already bad)

now, the flip side, players will generally know when someone is injured or faking it (how often do we see a player call for medical attention for an opponent), and the ones i've seen where someone has tried to get a player up to play the ball / get on with it have all been right, as their opponent was faking it

so i suppose a balance has to be struck, the rule at the minute is far too strict, and thus if player X is injured, then yes, give the offending player a lengthy ban, but if not, just get on with it and no ban. we dont want to see diving / faking injury coming into our game, but also dont ban a player for calling someone else out for it
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

The referee needs to take more control when a player is getting up slowly, it is either because they are injured or they are trying to wind down the clock.
So why not stop the clock if a player appears to be getting up slowly, if the attacking team know they are not going to get a time advantage by getting up slowly then hopefully it will eradicate it from the game.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:19 am The referee needs to take more control when a player is getting up slowly, it is either because they are injured or they are trying to wind down the clock.
So why not stop the clock if a player appears to be getting up slowly, if the attacking team know they are not going to get a time advantage by getting up slowly then hopefully it will eradicate it from the game.
Yep.Good and easy solution.So they definitely will not do that
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I've had time to think on this one and you know what I think the panel got it right too many players think they're doctors and know wether a player is injured or not I don't give a toss if the player who he helped up said he was fine that's immaterial time players know this which of course they do.

So yup 4 games and I hope lines set for him something along the lines of "I mustn't be antosser and pick injured players" a thousand times
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:05 pm I've had time to think on this one and you know what I think the panel got it right too many players think they're doctors and know wether a player is injured or not I don't give a toss if the player who he helped up said he was fine that's immaterial time players know this which of course they do.

So yup 4 games and I hope lines set for him something along the lines of "I mustn't be antosser and pick injured players" a thousand times
You have obviously never played .