Tonight's Game/Wigan squad for Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Tonight's Game/Wigan squad for Leigh

Post by morley pie eater »

Didn't see the game as I'm out of town. Can I try to bring some perspective?

There will always be ref's calls that someone disagrees with. Making the thread pretty much all about them is burying the big story:

• We've won umpteen games in a row in the run-in, despite a decimated pack.

• In the process, we've shown we can razzle-dazzle and can also win a grind of a match and "keep our heads when all around us are losing theirs".

•Listening to commentary, I was impressed in the last few minutes when we seemed able to realise that, at 10-6 up, we were better off holding our own rather than trying to win the game again - and risk losing it. Young lads showing maturity.

We-are-top-of-the-league! In the immortal words of Sir Lancelot: "No, please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

moto748 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:49 pm I didn't see the game live or on TV. What's the honest view on the two disallowed tries? Was Leigh's more deserving than Wigan's?
Ours was obstruction, theirs wasn’t.
Was glad theirs was disallowed seen as it was gilly who scored it😁
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

I think they both were try’s. It’s just annoying that’s all people are talking about after we’ve won the league. Sky didn’t shut up about it, we were
The better team either way. We have been class over the last couple of months. We showed some toughness that last 15 minutes and closed the game out well. I thought Leigh out enthused is in parts though so we need to raise our tempo for the next one. It annoys me that a lot of people play down winning the league leaders, I’d like a bigger trophy, winning it should be a bigger deal like the premiership, it’s a real achievement in my eyes. happy with the W and onto the next one.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It was brilliant to see Mr Lenagan come over to the fans & hold up the shield to us all 😊

https://x.com/wiganwarriorsrl/status/17 ... 99087?s=12

And a thank you to the players staff & fans

https://x.com/wiganwarriorsrl/status/17 ... 19427?s=12
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:12 am
moto748 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:49 pm I didn't see the game live or on TV. What's the honest view on the two disallowed tries? Was Leigh's more deserving than Wigan's?
Ours was obstruction, theirs wasn’t.
Was glad theirs was disallowed seen as it was gilly who scored it😁
Theirs was more obstruction than ours. I thought we where unlucky to get ours called back as it was a dummy runner who continued through the line.

The leigh runner stopped in the line as the ball was passed behind him preventing the defender from tracking and tackling.
Last edited by Caboosegg on Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

w.thomas wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:38 am I think they both were try’s. It’s just annoying that’s all people are talking about after we’ve won the league. Sky didn’t shut up about it, we were
The better team either way
. We have been class over the last couple of months. We showed some toughness that last 15 minutes and closed the game out well. I thought Leigh out enthused is in parts though so we need to raise our tempo for the next one. It annoys me that a lot of people play down winning the league leaders, I’d like a bigger trophy, winning it should be a bigger deal like the premiership, it’s a real achievement in my eyes. happy with the W and onto the next one.
I know what you mean. If it had been saints they would have just ignored the fact and gone on about how they deserved to win to the game anyhow.
The LLS does need more recognition, it recognises the most consistent team.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Just glad we have a week off to allow my shredded nerves to settle. I do wish we would stop in field kicking on the 4th, or earlier tackle when there is less than one score in it.
Field had absolutely no right to score his first try, :P
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Just watched the sport news on Sky News, 4 minutes of other sports and not a mention of Wigan or rugby league.
Morons. :!: :!:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:36 am
w.thomas wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:38 am I think they both were try’s. It’s just annoying that’s all people are talking about after we’ve won the league. Sky didn’t shut up about it, we were
The better team either way
. We have been class over the last couple of months. We showed some toughness that last 15 minutes and closed the game out well. I thought Leigh out enthused is in parts though so we need to raise our tempo for the next one. It annoys me that a lot of people play down winning the league leaders, I’d like a bigger trophy, winning it should be a bigger deal like the premiership, it’s a real achievement in my eyes. happy with the W and onto the next one.
I know what you mean. If it had been saints they would have just ignored the fact and gone on about how they deserved to win to the game anyhow.
The LLS does need more recognition, it recognises the most consistent team.
Whilst I am not disagreeing, what does “more recognition” actually look like, how does it happen and to what expense?

Only thing I can think of increase the prize money and the winner goes straight to the grand final. Maybe removing the loop fixtures would make it more competitive as you don’t have as many games to play but we know that’s been voted down.

I also used to like the old play off system where you had to beat everyone above you to win the grand final in the end.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:21 am
pedro wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:33 pm
Both tries for me
Gildart’s was definitely a try for me. I will need to look at Jai’s try again. Derek is a soft arse.
Both were tries.Nsemba was grabbed by a defender who did a misread imo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE