Man of steel

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Welski

Man of steel

Post by Welski »

Do we think Bevan is in the running to win it? He was up there before it went dark and Williams has been injured/struggling.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
morley pie eater

Re: Man of steel

Post by morley pie eater »

Personally, I think it's a bit of a lottery. The best chance of winning is somebody who stands out in an average team.

Bevan deserves to be in the frame at the very least, but given the way it works I can't see him winning it.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Cant see it myself.Hes definitely been improving at 6 but ive been 100% confident before and been wrong.Barrett and Field being clear winners imo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

To be honest it is not an award that interests me following the farce with Barrett. I just want Bevan to win a GF winners medal.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

The only player I could see winning it ahead of him would be Lam because he was picking up a lot of points, standing out in that Leigh side but they’ve dipped recently and after a quiet spell, French has had a few games where I expect he’ll have taken the 3 points. A top 3 of French, Lam and no doubt Welsby I’d my guess (in some order).
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

It will be Roby, a nice farewell gift for him
Welski

Post by Welski »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:11 pm To be honest it is not an award that interests me following the farce with Barrett. I just want Bevan to win a GF winners medal.
Not me usually, except in a drunken betting spree last year I put a bag of cash on league leaders shield (tick!) and Bev to be top scorer (cross) and MoS! (?)
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

I had a fair bit of money on French to win man of steel in 2020.

He was an absolutely shoe in but the award was inexplicably given to Paul McShane.

Not been interested in it since
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

The Pearl1 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:06 pm I had a fair bit of money on French to win man of steel in 2020.

He was an absolutely shoe in but the award was inexplicably given to Paul McShane.

How so?

Given it’s an accumulation of points it’s a lot easier to be a big fish in a small pond.

Whilst French have clearly been Wigans best player, he may have not been Wigans best as many times as McShane was Castlefords best.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:15 pm
The Pearl1 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:06 pm I had a fair bit of money on French to win man of steel in 2020.

How so?

Given it’s an accumulation of points it’s a lot easier to be a big fish in a small pond.

Whilst French have clearly been Wigans best player, he may have not been Wigans best as many times as McShane was Castlefords best.
Pretty sure you have just explained his reason/point he was making for not being interested.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!