French

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

French

Post by First Try Tickle »

Posted this last night, but for some reason it was deleted ?

Just watching the game again and I can’t help by be concerned by the grab at Moore’s shoulder by French. It’s not an accidental pat but a proper grab. 50.45 on the clock. Touching the ref is a big no no and I think French could be in trouble.
Karl Carpenter

Re: French

Post by Karl Carpenter »

Law 15.1 Deliberate or reckless physical contact with a match official ( eg placing hand on arm to attract attention)

Last season McCarthy-Scarsbrook (August and September) and Makinson (September) were charged with this offence. LMS escaped a ban for the first offence and received one match for the second. Makinson was cautioned.
boggart

Post by boggart »

Well done for drawing everybody's attention to it.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I doubt the disciplinary will be trawling Wigan forums to be fair. It’s definitely a concern that incident and Moore seems to tell him to not put his hand on him, so he could make an issue of it. I’m actually more worried about an incident with Ellis later in the game. He drops a shoulder towards Reynolds and when I’ve froze the picture, he looks to make contact with his face/head. I’ll be very pleasantly surprised if he’s available for the semi.
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Delete the thread.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

If anyone gets a ban from Friday's match can we name then in the reserve team squad for their final this week to use up the ban ???

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:59 pm Delete the thread.
Why
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:31 pm If anyone gets a ban from Friday's match can we name then in the reserve team squad for their final this week to use up the ban ???

EW
Would also like to know this.
WWRL

Post by WWRL »

He’s been banned for 1 game, along with Hill and Ellis too for 1 game
WWRL

Post by WWRL »

Although theoretically, as EW has pointed out, they should be able to serve their bans this weekend in the Reserves Grand Final, therefore, should be available for the Semi Final