French

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: French

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

southportcdm wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:06 pm I accept that the disciplinary are being far more active this season but, even if we don't always agree with their decisions, the players have to adapt to the 'new normal'. When the squad is being stretched to the limit by injuries, it's just not good enough having players sitting on the side-lines when they're fit to play. As much as I like Ellis, he's getting banned far too often and needs to do something about it. I think he's now clocked up at least six and possibly eight matches this season (please correct as required) and he has to improve that in future. I know that props are more likely to get the odd ban than other players but a couple of bans per season must be the acceptable limit.
Have you actually seen the Ellis incidents. This clearly is a personal thing he actually contested one and was completely cleared . Out of all I have actually seen 1 where you can say yes there's a case to answer. There's at least 6 players in other teams that have been cited more than Ellis and not one ban. Some as many as 3 incidents in one game. I'm sure if these inconsistencies in penalties for same grading offences where legally fought they wouldn't stand up in law
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Typical Yorkshire anti Wigan Warriors bias by an ex Wakefield player!

Bevan French has not received a ban all season yet why has he just not been fined? Played every game this season too.

LMS was cited twice one season for touching a ref but was only banned once!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:19 pm
southportcdm wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:06 pm I accept that the disciplinary are being far more active this season but, even if we don't always agree with their decisions, the players have to adapt to the 'new normal'. When the squad is being stretched to the limit by injuries, it's just not good enough having players sitting on the side-lines when they're fit to play. As much as I like Ellis, he's getting banned far too often and needs to do something about it. I think he's now clocked up at least six and possibly eight matches this season (please correct as required) and he has to improve that in future. I know that props are more likely to get the odd ban than other players but a couple of bans per season must be the acceptable limit.
Have you actually seen the Ellis incidents. This clearly is a personal thing he actually contested one and was completely cleared . Out of all I have actually seen 1 where you can say yes there's a case to answer. There's at least 6 players in other teams that have been cited more than Ellis and not one ban. Some as many as 3 incidents in one game. I'm sure if these inconsistencies in penalties for same grading offences where legally fought they wouldn't stand up in law
I’m not sure the RFL would stand up in law. The whole system needs revamping. There is a big difference between accidental and deliberate contact as there is between slightly late and very late. When the game is played at such speed then there are going incidents, it doesn’t translate into foul play. The MRP and Disciplinary Committee need sorting out, they are ruining the game.
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:05 pm Typical Yorkshire anti Wigan Warriors bias by an ex Wakefield player!

Bevan French has not received a ban all season yet why has he just not been fined? Played every game this season too.

Makinson was also cited and got zero!
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Genuine hypothetical question out of interest. What's the position if the reserves match were to be postponed for any reason?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:43 pm Genuine hypothetical question out of interest. What's the position if the reserves match were to be postponed for any reason?
You cannot serve a ban in a game that doesn’t take place.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:09 pm
I’m not sure the RFL would stand up in law. The whole system needs revamping. There is a big difference between accidental and deliberate contact as there is between slightly late and very late. When the game is played at such speed then there are going incidents, it doesn’t translate into foul play. The MRP and Disciplinary Committee need sorting out, they are ruining the game.
I agree with your accidental and deliberate. My argument is they should not then have the same grading like b. The rfl may also stand up in law but that again doesn't make it right.Theres no one can convince me it's right and not a seriously flawed system and amazed the rfl actually have never been challenged by the clubs
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:10 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:05 pm Typical Yorkshire anti Wigan Warriors bias by an ex Wakefield player!

Makinson was also cited and got zero!
Again! Cited three times last week, two high tackles & late tackle…… nothing!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

No, what time was it ?
Charriots Offiah

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:52 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:09 pm

I agree with your accidental and deliberate. My argument is they should not then have the same grading like b. The rfl may also stand up in law but that again doesn't make it right.Theres no one can convince me it's right and not a seriously flawed system and amazed the rfl actually have never been challenged by the clubs
👍