Luke Thompson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

"Sometimes there are personal reasons why English lads will go back," he said on Triple M. "But I'm gutted he's not going to be in the NRL next year and even more disappointed he's going to be wearing the cherry and white next year."

This is the direct quite by James Graham on the podcast
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:35 am
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:11 am
Brennox7 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:29 am I wouldn’t worry too much on thompsons injuries to be honest. I think we’re all abit worried that it might be another burgess scenario.

Im sure the club would do its homework and see the worth in signing him.

Peacock, Morley, Fielden, Walmsley etc have all had time out with injuries and I’m sure a few head knocks. Part of being a forward
Your correct. Don't understand the paranoia.
Should be over the moon where going after world class talent that clubs are fighting over. Just don't get looking for the negatives.personally With all that's going on with recruitment at the club I'm over the moon. Especially a bonus if it's p#ssing saints off.
Spot on mate. I can guarantee that the doctor used for Burgess' medical wasn't used for Thompson. Luke oozes class, that's why the NRL came calling.
I agree with both. We haven’t really signed many players of world class status over the years (Burgess probably the last, Brett Finch, Frank Paul before that maybe?) If you think of our current playing squad Field French Wardle KPP etc all came to Wigan as a standard player and turned out to be cracking.
Dupree was a big money signing but not to the magnitude of a Luke Thompson from NRL
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I think the big difference between signing Thompson and Burgess is that when Burgess broke down he was our pack and we were left with a powder puff pack that wasn’t good enough, even if Thompson doesn’t work out for whatever reason we still have a pack that’s more than capable of holding it’s own in super league.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:35 am
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:11 am
Brennox7 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:29 am I wouldn’t worry too much on thompsons injuries to be honest. I think we’re all abit worried that it might be another burgess scenario.

Im sure the club would do its homework and see the worth in signing him.

Peacock, Morley, Fielden, Walmsley etc have all had time out with injuries and I’m sure a few head knocks. Part of being a forward
Your correct. Don't understand the paranoia.
Should be over the moon where going after world class talent that clubs are fighting over. Just don't get looking for the negatives.personally With all that's going on with recruitment at the club I'm over the moon. Especially a bonus if it's p#ssing saints off.
Spot on mate. I can guarantee that the doctor used for Burgess' medical wasn't used for Thompson. Luke oozes class, that's why the NRL came calling.
I hope they did an in-depth concussion symptoms review. My concern is that one more head knock and he has to retire.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I don't think he's that far down the line with concussion towards others who have played the game longer. Joe Greenwood was suffering pretty bad at one point in the NRL but he's done ok since he returned. I also imagine it's had a pretty good rest with the couple of injuries that cut his game time down back end of last season and a good proportion of this one. Great thing is if we don't have any more outgoings in front row we will still be really strong.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

My thoughts…
I know someone who has been working for the club on the commercial side, and he was saying that the level of ambition and professionalism is through the roof.
Danson’s wealth is off the scale in league terms. He has a couple of ways he can spend it… marquee and union players.
I can’t add to the learned comments of others as to where he would fit in, but Thompson is world class. I would love to see him in cherry and white.
As to union players, i never watch it, but given how many people play it, there will be a lot of really talented backs. I would imagine that there are a dozen union Fijians whom we would love to watch.
Happy days!
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:11 pm https://www.facebook.com/messenger_medi ... =695455280

All the proof you needed
Dont think anyone doubts you pal
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:16 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:11 pm https://www.facebook.com/messenger_medi ... =695455280

All the proof you needed
Dont think anyone doubts you pal
Link doesnt work
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE