Luke Thompson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
thegimble

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:17 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:09 pm Thompson will not be the last signing 😀
any chance of a hint?
Wendel Sailor.

I hope it's not Owen Farrell but if he does just imagine the melt down over the hill
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:17 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:09 pm Thompson will not be the last signing 😀
any chance of a hint?
If I knew mate I would let you know.
Charriots Offiah

lucky 13 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:51 pm I have been trying to imagine how we will fit players in for last couple of months. I always thought one big signing and maybe smaller one's, With the likes of Cust Isa and Mago leaving, I also was thinking Thornley KPP maybe Hampshire and Powell which would have give us some room. I was told two or possible three. Though I really thought that was dead in the water with the re-signingsbut god knows what will happen all markers point to Thompson being a done deal. Obviously the Union option wouldn't count on cap first year could that be arranged and front loaded. Definitely interesting times.
Don’t forget King is leaving.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Has he not had repeated concussion absences?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ian.birchall wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:27 am Has he not had repeated concussion absences?
Yes and injuries.

Do not think it’s worth the risk in my opinion. If we wanted to get a top class prop and have marquee money available surely there are other options? Even if we are limited to Fed trained?

What’s the deal with paying his salary if he retires on medical grounds ? How would that impact the salary cap?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

I wouldn’t worry too much on thompsons injuries to be honest. I think we’re all abit worried that it might be another burgess scenario.

Im sure the club would do its homework and see the worth in signing him.

Peacock, Morley, Fielden, Walmsley etc have all had time out with injuries and I’m sure a few head knocks. Part of being a forward
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Brennox7 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:29 am I wouldn’t worry too much on thompsons injuries to be honest. I think we’re all abit worried that it might be another burgess scenario.

Peacock, Morley, Fielden, Walmsley etc have all had time out with injuries and I’m sure a few head knocks. Part of being a forward
Your correct. Don't understand the paranoia.
Should be over the moon where going after world class talent that clubs are fighting over. Just don't get looking for the negatives.personally With all that's going on with recruitment at the club I'm over the moon. Especially a bonus if it's p#ssing saints off.
Charriots Offiah

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:11 am
Brennox7 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:29 am I wouldn’t worry too much on thompsons injuries to be honest. I think we’re all abit worried that it might be another burgess scenario.

Your correct. Don't understand the paranoia.
Should be over the moon where going after world class talent that clubs are fighting over. Just don't get looking for the negatives.personally With all that's going on with recruitment at the club I'm over the moon. Especially a bonus if it's p#ssing saints off.
Spot on mate. I can guarantee that the doctor used for Burgess' medical wasn't used for Thompson. Luke oozes class, that's why the NRL came calling.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

When a player has a history of injuries the club has a clause in place to protect the club and the player signs it so as to protect the club from claims etc .
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Does anyone know when hes back in the country? I think it was no straw that said he was coming back soon
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE