Luke Thompson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Brennox7

Luke Thompson

Post by Brennox7 »

Hi guys,

I’ve just seen a thread on instagram from “miksrl” claiming there is unconfirmed yet Thompson has signed with Wigan on a 4 year deal for 2024.

Unsure on the validity. Anyone else heard anything or?
medlocke

Re: Luke Thompson

Post by medlocke »

Brennox7 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:02 pm Hi guys,

I’ve just seen a thread on instagram from “miksrl” claiming there is unconfirmed yet Thompson has signed with Wigan on a 4 year deal for 2024.

as long as it's not on marque money then fine
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

medlocke wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:18 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:02 pm Hi guys,

as long as it's not on marque money then fine
The page looks legit to be honest mate. I don’t see it myself but the other posts the page has made have been honest ones
Crossy210

Post by Crossy210 »

I don’t see why we’d sign another prop.
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Crossy210 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:44 pm I don’t see why we’d sign another prop.
Me neither to be honest bud. Yorkshire live have posted that he’s making a decision next week between wigan and the roosters
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Luke Thompson set for D-Day with Wigan Warriors among contenders for England ace

The England international will make a decision on his future this week.

Luke Thompson is set to make a decision on his future next week, and Wigan Warriors are among the contenders looking to secure his signature. The England international is off-contract at the end of the season but the saga regarding his future is set to come to an end this week.

And a return to Super League is still on the cards, with Wigan understood to have tabled a four-year contract in an attempt to secure his services from next year and beyond. Throughout the year, the Warriors have retained an interest in the prop, even when it appeared he would be remaining in the NRL.

And as he closes in on D-Day, Thompson is believed to be seriously considering a move to Wigan, despite there being interest from the NRL. St George Illawarra Dragons, Wests Tigers and, more recently, Sydney Roosters have been credited with interest in the former St Helens star, who left for the NRL in 2020 to join Canterbury Bulldogs.

The talk down under has been that Thompson is keen on a move to the Roosters in a move that would see him reunite with former Saints coach Justin Holbrook, who has joined the club ahead of next season. It was suggested he would be willing to take a pay cut to play for the club.

But despite the ongoing interest in Australia, Wigan have never fully given up on their hopes of signing Thompson and as a decision beckons, Wigan are thought to still have a realistic chance of securing his services for next year. It would be some coup for the Warriors, with Thompson regarded as one of the best forwards on the planet during his last stint in Super League.

He made 154 appearances for Saints during his first stint at the club and was named man of the match in their 2019 Grand Final victory over Salford Red Devils. He was named in two Dream Teams and internationally he has played seven times for England and three times for Great Britain. His stint in the NRL has been full of frustration, with injuries hampering his time with the Bulldogs.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... dium=email
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:11 pm Luke Thompson set for D-Day with Wigan Warriors among contenders for England ace

The England international will make a decision on his future this week.

Luke Thompson is set to make a decision on his future next week, and Wigan Warriors are among the contenders looking to secure his signature. The England international is off-contract at the end of the season but the saga regarding his future is set to come to an end this week.

And a return to Super League is still on the cards, with Wigan understood to have tabled a four-year contract in an attempt to secure his services from next year and beyond. Throughout the year, the Warriors have retained an interest in the prop, even when it appeared he would be remaining in the NRL.

And as he closes in on D-Day, Thompson is believed to be seriously considering a move to Wigan, despite there being interest from the NRL. St George Illawarra Dragons, Wests Tigers and, more recently, Sydney Roosters have been credited with interest in the former St Helens star, who left for the NRL in 2020 to join Canterbury Bulldogs.

The talk down under has been that Thompson is keen on a move to the Roosters in a move that would see him reunite with former Saints coach Justin Holbrook, who has joined the club ahead of next season. It was suggested he would be willing to take a pay cut to play for the club.

But despite the ongoing interest in Australia, Wigan have never fully given up on their hopes of signing Thompson and as a decision beckons, Wigan are thought to still have a realistic chance of securing his services for next year. It would be some coup for the Warriors, with Thompson regarded as one of the best forwards on the planet during his last stint in Super League.

He made 154 appearances for Saints during his first stint at the club and was named man of the match in their 2019 Grand Final victory over Salford Red Devils. He was named in two Dream Teams and internationally he has played seven times for England and three times for Great Britain. His stint in the NRL has been full of frustration, with injuries hampering his time with the Bulldogs.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... dium=email
Cheers Josie, what do you think about it? Valued opinion!
Crossy210

Post by Crossy210 »

Brennox7 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:51 pm
Crossy210 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:44 pm I don’t see why we’d sign another prop.
Me neither to be honest bud. Yorkshire live have posted that he’s making a decision next week between wigan and the roosters
Seen a couple of bits this morning like. All I can think is we are still fairly inexperienced or they are only expecting copper to play a bit part
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brennox7

Bit wary with his injury record this season if I’m honest. How many games has he played?

There is no doubt on his ability as a prop forward. He is a Wigan lad, albeit he played over the hill! 😂

I wouldn’t give him marquee status, until he has proved himself for us if he is signed. I wouldn’t want another Sam Tomkins episode again!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Crossy210 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:41 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:51 pm
Seen a couple of bits this morning like. All I can think is we are still fairly inexperienced or they are only expecting copper to play a bit part
I agree mate unless it’s a case of now or never for him? Mago cooper on one year deals. Also been talk of havard moving to aus but who knows. Doubt it would happen but I’d be buzzing if it did.

Havard Dupree thompson Ellis on back to back carries we would end up in the car park