Academy GF

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Academy GF

Post by josie andrews »

Saints beat Wire 22- 6
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Brennox7

Re: Academy GF

Post by Brennox7 »

Keith mason has let his feelings known on twitter about Wigans omission
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Brennox7 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:39 pm Keith mason has let his feelings known on twitter about Wigans omission
Good on him.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Ahh another golden generation in the offing for saints,a GF against a side who really didn’t want to be there..
Charriots Offiah

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:27 pm Ahh another golden generation in the offing for saints,a GF against a side who really didn’t want to be there..
To be honest Fozzie, I think they have got some good players coming through. Wigan have not been vigorous enough over the past few seasons in recruiting junior talent, although I think we have a number of excellent players in our system. Danson seems to be putting that right which has been emphasised by the club recruiting eight of the all conquering Thatto Heath U14 team (Saints are not pleased). If we can get the best juniors and marry them with quality recruits we may see our next golden period as a club.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:03 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:27 pm Ahh another golden generation in the offing for saints,a GF against a side who really didn’t want to be there..
To be honest Fozzie, I think they have got some good players coming through. Wigan have not been vigorous enough over the past few seasons in recruiting junior talent, although I think we have a number of excellent players in our system. Danson seems to be putting that right which has been emphasised by the club recruiting eight of the all conquering Thatto Heath U14 team (Saints are not pleased). If we can get the best juniors and marry them with quality recruits we may see our next golden period as a club.
Saints weren't bothered when they signed almost the entire Halton Hornets (Widnes) and Crossfield (Warrington) U14's teams a few years back!!
Charriots Offiah

No straw damn us wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:01 pm
Saints weren't bothered when they signed almost the entire Halton Hornets (Widnes) and Crossfield (Warrington) U14's teams a few years back!!
They wouldn't be they signed those players, this time they missed out! That is exactly my point, we have been a little lax of late but Danson is putting it right.
pedro

Post by pedro »

they arent all conquering, Shevi at that age have won the league and cup double last year and the league this year, thatto won the cup this year AET, id say over the last 2 years Leigh Miners have been better than Thatto at that ago also,

hopefully they can sign their top target for next year, that lad is electric
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’d agree Wigan tend to bring similar types of player through surely by now they should be trying to sort say for example more centres to come through not an exact science I know but you get my drift the club needs to broaden their outlook for players ,little doubt saints got in there ahead of other clubs mainly because they to seemed to pull similar type of players for awhile but they identified this and changed tack,as you rightly say and went after players with gusto,it’s paying off for them.