Playoff game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Playoff game

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

So we have luckily avoided losing Ellis Hill and French which would have in all honesty have been a catastrophe. Have we anyone possibly coming back?
NICKYKISS

Re: Playoff game

Post by NICKYKISS »

Isa sounded confident in his interview about signing a new deal. Not heard any updates on Havard but Peet did say a couple of weeks ago that him and Isa were on course for the very back end, whatever that would mean.

It would be risky to play both but we’ll see. It didn’t feel like there was a great deal of trust in Mago on Friday, in a game where the pace went up a couple of notches, so he might be as vulnerable as Hill and more vulnerable than Nsemba going off that.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Wonder if Isa or Havard gets a run out in the reserves final?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Hope they do but i heard havards only chance is the final.Surely this is the time for the RFL to take a good look at the current BS banning situation and sort it for next season.We all want to see our best stars and we all want to see them play tough.This seasons bans have been nothing short of farcical and if i persists i , for one, wont carry on paying to watch our game
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

NICKYKISS wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:27 am Isa sounded confident in his interview about signing a new deal. Not heard any updates on Havard but Peet did say a couple of weeks ago that him and Isa were on course for the very back end, whatever that would mean.

It would be risky to play both but we’ll see. It didn’t feel like there was a great deal of trust in Mago on Friday, in a game where the pace went up a couple of notches, so he might be as vulnerable as Hill and more vulnerable than Nsemba going off that.
Mago looked like he was struggling and Hill will not be given big minutes in a semi and final.

It may be the least risky option to bring Isa and Havard back.

It would allow a pack and bench of:

Dupree
O Neil
Ellis
Farrell
KPP
Smithies

Havard
Isa
Mago
Powell

My honest preference would be to drop Powell completely. O Neil can go 80 minutes, Powell doesn’t add anything materially different and an extra forward on the bench would be great.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Havard said 2 weeks ago he was aiming for playoffs.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:33 am Havard said 2 weeks ago he was aiming for playoffs.
Hope so
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We don’t want to make the same mistake again as last year bringing in player/s without any match fitness don’t care who it is.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bertina

Post by bertina »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:52 pm We don’t want to make the same mistake again as last year bringing in player/s without any match fitness don’t care who it is.
Well said Josie. 👍👍
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Can’t agree more. I mean look how badly Ethan struggled when he came back in for the cup game against Warrington.