Leigh Leopards owner Derek Beaumont threatens to quit rugby League & create a separate competition

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Leigh Leopards owner Derek Beaumont threatens to quit rugby League & create a separate competition

Post by josie andrews »

LEIGH LEOPARDS owner Derek Beaumont has threatened to quit rugby league after slamming the RFL in a post-match rant following the club’s 10-6 loss to Wigan Warriors last weekend.

That defeat meant that Leigh finished fifth in the Super League table, with Beaumont taking to the hospitality boxes after the game.

The video of Beaumont giving his honest thoughts has been shared on Twitter/X this morning, with the full version now taken down on Facebook.

He said: “Unfortunately this is not an investable sport anymore to me, which is obviously very concerning. Unless there’s changes, I won’t be investing in it any further.

“I’m sorry to say that when the wife comes up to me and says, ‘I’ve had enough’, she sees the pain. I don’t care if anyone’s filming it because I’ve told the RFL clean and square.

“They are all in my box, all with the presentation party, the trophy’s already in the stadium and all the boards are sat here and waiting.

“It’s impossible to move it from here to St Helens, and then that gets dealt with by a decision from the referee who’s appointed by the people who are running the game that decide what goes on. There’s no helicopter needed, because we can’t afford one. I’ll put it out there.”

Beaumont was frustrated that he feels for his Leigh ‘family’ following the Wigan game.

“All we can talk about is the performance of a referee, yet again. I’ve got a guy down there who’s in charge of a group of players, and I see the work that goes in week in, week out from them and from all the coaching staff and the medical staff.

“I see the work they put in, I see the weights they lift, the metres they run, the wrestle they do, the contact they put into each other, I see how much it means to them and how much they care about everybody in this room.

“Then I see one person go with a signal of no-try, that’s incorrect, and rob them and you lot of watching us play at home next week. That isn’t right.

“We’ve all got kids, there’s kids in here, and I definitely wouldn’t call them kids because they’re big grown up tough men, but they’re my kids. I treat them like my family and they fight hard for me, so I feel hurt when they get abused.”

Beaumont went further, claiming that he could set up another competition, separate to Super League.

“Maybe what you will see is me step out of this charade and set up a proper Super League called Ultimate Rugby, with proper rugby players, who work with each other which is not decided by referees and is decided by the athletes.

“That’s the only alternative. We don’t need the broadcaster that stands my coach down and who says we’re not going to interview you now because we’re just going to do the presentation so we’ll speak to you after that.”

https://www.totalrl.com/leigh-leopards- ... er-league/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Leigh Leopards owner Derek Beaumont threads to quitrugby League & create a separate competition

Post by josie andrews »

What a childish pathetic little man!

He’s complained about the disallowed try, but not about our disallowed try.

He’s appealed against Amone’s ban, won the appeal, but not satisfied with that.

They’ve named Asiata in the squad, even though they say he is badly injured!

He’s sulking because he wanted a massive extravaganza at a play off home event for everyone to see.

But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Firestarter

Re: Leigh Leopards owner Derek Beaumont threads to quitrugby League & create a separate competition

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:52 pm What a childish pathetic little man!

He’s sulking because he wanted a massive extravaganza at a play off home event for everyone to see.

Remember our little chat in fanzone josie? Didnt i tell you what he was and is?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:01 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:52 pm What a childish pathetic little man!

Remember our little chat in fanzone josie? Didnt i tell you what he was and is?
Yes. I do.

Didn’t he threaten to leave Leigh Centurions/Leopards once or twice before?

He’s just wants his own way or he throws his toys out of the stadium!!

All because he can’t put on another extravaganza of a show 😂😂

Pathetic!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Who the f#ck does he think he is. 1 decision goes against him and he throws a wobbly worse than Koucash this man. Is this the same man who threw money to get into sl when it didn't work put players out of work and refused to honour wages and contracts. Can see same happening again. The only people he is hurting is leigh fans. Theres clubs queuing up to take there place. Grow up man you didn't get in top 4 because you didn't win enough games and score enough points. Not through 1 dicision.
Last edited by keptinthedarkfans on Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Lost count of the number of times he's "pulled out' of the game! :lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

If Sentelins overcome Warrington and Leigh win at Hull KR then we will play Leigh again. I hope the. “We would have won only for the ref” sentiment is used by the team as motivation to put 50 on them. Who will Mr. Beaumont blame for that?
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think KR will batter them as they had a few bad calls at wembley. I think mr( lifelong leigh fan my arse) forgot about them calls though and there very very lucky ban escapes, week inweek out
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mass

Post by Mass »

Reminds me of Koukash, just with dyed hair and wears a silly suit.

Amazing he forgets all the decisions that went in Leigh's favour before the disallowed try. ie Fields try, unpunished crusher in Toby King

Will be interesting to see how he's going to set up a new league without referees.

As for a home extravaganza - was it just me but it appeared at least half his sell out stadium on Friday were Wigan fans. That would mean even if they had got a home playoff it would have been played in a half filled stadium as Hull KR wouldn't have brought to many fans, unless the Leigh fans who went to Wembley come out of the woodwork again