Smithies to canberra

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Re: Smithies to canberra

Post by lucky 13 »

From what I was told it is being even more going forward saying we have been at or near the top consistently it's great news. Along with the investment into Robin park and it's training facilities and so on it's a big lure for young lads and can only be positive. It's one of the reasons most of the highly rated lads from Thato signed on for us and not saints in this seasons intake.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

bertina wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:03 pm
Mike wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:11 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:45 am

Just hope it’s not Owen Farrell!!
I hope it is!
Don’t get that Mike. A thirty odd year old that hasn’t played RL for 20 years. ???
Definitely not for me.
Agreed,far too old to come back to the light for me he’d been signed just to sell a few shirts invest. In the future that’s been the way of it and it should be the way to continue too.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:34 am
bertina wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:03 pm
Mike wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:11 pm

I hope it is!
Don’t get that Mike. A thirty odd year old that hasn’t played RL for 20 years. ???
Definitely not for me.
Agreed,far too old to come back to the light for me he’d been signed just to sell a few shirts invest. In the future that’s been the way of it and it should be the way to continue too.
Do both. Problem solved.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:37 pm
medlocke wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:05 pm Owen Farrell, we have a billionaire owner now, the end
Exactly this . We can afford to do this and it won’t compromise any other areas
I'm sure Mike Danson will appreciate the advice - and the "we" :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

All the comments about what the club can or cant afford now remind me of the old joke

How do you make a small fortune running a professional sports club?

Start of with a large fortune.
Last edited by Lazy J on Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:42 am
medlocke wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:05 pm Owen Farrell, we have a billionaire owner now, the end
Would you like me to stop using “we” for the team I’ve supported all my life?
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

You're quick enough to have a go at people for having a "negative" opinion yet at times I find your replies to people to be very patronising and therefore "negative".
Mike Danson will become the custodian of WWRLFC not WWRLFC itself. The club is made up of many constituent parts, owner, players, coaches, admin, fans etc. In which case the use of "we" is perfectly acceptable.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

mickali1 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:26 pm

You're quick enough to have a go at people for having a "negative" opinion yet at times I find your replies to people to be very patronising and therefore "negative".
Mike Danson will become the custodian of WWRLFC not WWRLFC itself. The club is made up of many constituent parts, owner, players, coaches, admin, fans etc. In which case the use of "we" is perfectly acceptable.
Think people are taking the comment to heart or misunderstanding the comment, or as how I think it is intended.
I read it as everyone is saying 'we' are rich and quick to splash Danson's money, even though he may not be inclined to, but people are saying 'we are rich' like it is their own money to just throw around, that's how I was reading it anyhow, plus he did put a smiley face at the end
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:50 pm
mickali1 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:26 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:42 am I'm sure Mike Danson will appreciate the advice - and the "we" :D
Think people are taking the comment to heart or misunderstanding the comment, or as how I think it is intended.
I read it as everyone is saying 'we' are rich and quick to splash Danson's money, even though he may not be inclined to, but people are saying 'we are rich' like it is their own money to just throw around, that's how I was reading it anyhow, plus he did put a smiley face at the end
So putting a smiley face at the end of a patronising comment makes it okay? I just call that passive aggressive. :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I nabbed Morgan again today & he still says these are RUMOURS so take it as you will.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan