Smithies to canberra

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Unitedwarrior@66

Smithies to canberra

Post by Unitedwarrior@66 »

Heard that Morgan smithies has agreed to join canberra,anyone else heard this ?
CheshireWarrior

Re: Smithies to canberra

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Plausible, if history is anything to go by. Lets hope it's not the case though!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Me thinks a bit of jealous mischief 🤔
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Contracted for next 2 years.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Not 100% sure but I think the last "pom" to exit the doors at Canberra was a sign that they as a club had ended this line of English signings.

Now if you had said Newcastle.....................
Back by demand.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:59 pm Not 100% sure but I think the last "pom" to exit the doors at Canberra was a sign that they as a club had ended this line of English signings.

Yea I get the feeling the Brits are more trouble then they're worth to Canberra But We Shall see
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Is Whitehead not still at Canberra I think they was unlucky with our two English lads as they never seem fully settled and happy. If the right English player is available then I think they would be interested.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I suppose we’d always say ‘it’s too soon’ with any young player you want to keep but I genuinely think it’s a couple of years too early for Smithies yet. He’s developing his game really nicely, adding a bit of ball playing and maturity and in time, a move to test himself in the NRL is one I wouldn’t begrudge him but I think he just needs that extra couple of years to really round him off. They need to pick the right club as well and I’m not sure Canberra would be the one.
pedro

Post by pedro »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:59 pm Not 100% sure but I think the last "pom" to exit the doors at Canberra was a sign that they as a club had ended this line of English signings.

Hodgson?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:25 pm I suppose we’d always say ‘it’s too soon’ with any young player you want to keep but I genuinely think it’s a couple of years too early for Smithies yet. He’s developing his game really nicely, adding a bit of ball playing and maturity and in time, a move to test himself in the NRL is one I wouldn’t begrudge him but I think he just needs that extra couple of years to really round him off. They need to pick the right club as well and I’m not sure Canberra would be the one.
I agree. Smithies is coming on well but I feel it’s abit early for the NRL, he needs develop his passing an awareness abit more.
abit early