Play off semi final confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Play off semi final confirmed

Post by morley pie eater »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:34 pm Bbc reporting our game on Saturday kicks off at 11.45 :roll:
They've still not corrected this.

To add insult to injury, if you check BBC's RL fixtures for Sat 14th, it says the game is an "ELIMINATOR" not a Grand Final.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:40 am
josie andrews wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:37 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:07 pm Looking like we may well be outnumbered come Saturday. Looks like another poor showing from our lot for a game not on the season tickets
That’s the reason I posted it. I don’t understand some people who ‘support’ our great club 🤔
Yup people with other priorities obviously don't "Support" the club. I mean what are they doing don't they know you can't support the club unless they prioritise it over kids, bills, family.

I'm so happy the gf won't fall on my daughters birthday this year would have hated to explain why I wouldn't be at her party if wigan had got there.
For some people following Wigan Warriors was an escape from personal situations & helped them with their mental health.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:47 am
josie andrews wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:37 pm

That’s the reason I posted it. I don’t understand some people who ‘support’ our great club 🤔
Yup people with other priorities obviously don't "Support" the club. I mean what are they doing don't they know you can't support the club unless they prioritise it over kids, bills, family.

I'm so happy the gf won't fall on my daughters birthday this year would have hated to explain why I wouldn't be at her party if wigan had got there.
For some people following Wigan Warriors was an escape from personal situations & helped them with their mental health.
For most though we live in tough times and its hard to find time to attend matches it doesnt make you any less a supporter. The problem is the fact the games are televised ona platform most will be already paying for makes it hard to justify if they are feeling the pinch or just really busy. I have a 4 year old and most weekends he has parties and if he doesnt we need to see family. On top of that i have to squeeze in the work i need to do out of hours - so if it makes me a non-supporter because i choose to watch a match on TV so be it
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

When do we expect the squad to be announced officially?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:51 am When do we expect the squad to be announced officially?
Usually on a Thursday if we are playing Saturday
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:59 am
josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:47 am

For most though we live in tough times and its hard to find time to attend matches it doesnt make you any less a supporter. The problem is the fact the games are televised ona platform most will be already paying for makes it hard to justify if they are feeling the pinch or just really busy. I have a 4 year old and most weekends he has parties and if he doesnt we need to see family. On top of that i have to squeeze in the work i need to do out of hours - so if it makes me a non-supporter because i choose to watch a match on TV so be it
I’m not saying that perhaps I worded it wrong. Apologies to all fans who can’t make the semi final or final
Beryl O'Neill

Post by Beryl O'Neill »

I can't Go because my husband is disabled and I'm a carer for him he's 90 years old 🗝️ in a wheelchair he isn't a supporter so I've got to watch it on TV he can't be left on his own so am I not a supporter I used to go to most matches in the eighties and nineties even some home international s :roll: :twisted: :twisted: 😘
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Let's not get into this 'whose the biggest fan' debate, there's really no need. We all support the same club and are proud to do so. I always think that you're as much of a fan as you think you are and it doesn't matter what other people think.
Flash

Post by Flash »

People have all kinds of legitimate reasons why they can't attend. Of course they do. I think the point being made though is that the majority of fans who are unable to attend the semi will suddenly find those very same obstacles mysteriously disappear come the Grand Final should we get there.

There's an element of this being a game where the club needs the fans. We have home advantage which we effectively seem to be handing over to Hull KR whose fans don't seem to be having the same problems going as Wigan fans. Maybe times aren't as tough on Humberside...

At the end of the day people will make up their own minds on whether they attend or not. I trust, though, that those same people won't be on here complaining about the team if we fail to make the final.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Lets be honest.Most fans who struggle will be saving there money for the final if they cant afford both.A lot of fans like being there for silverware and us probably why we had a big turnout at leigh.Hopefully a lot of us will turn up Saturday and pay on the day.Ill be there ,i know that, and dont want us outchanted like we was versus salford a few years ago
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE