Leeds and Brodie Croft

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
buttmonkey2

Leeds and Brodie Croft

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Lots of rumours on the web that Headingley is to be rebranded as the Sports Direct Headingley stadium and Rhino's have offered a six figure sum for Brodie Croft said to be over £300k

I have seen a link that takes you to a Leeds page profile for Brodie but it has been removed (so you click it but no details)
Back by demand.
josie andrews

Re: Leeds and Brodie Croft

Post by josie andrews »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:07 pm Lots of rumours on the web that Headingley is to be rebranded as the Sports Direct Headingley stadium and Rhino's have offered a six figure sum for Brodie Croft said to be over £300k

I have seen a link that takes you to a Leeds page profile for Brodie but it has been removed (so you click it but no details)
I saw this from Leeds also Salford need money so may just be tempted to sell!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

I’ve heard caddick wants out of Leeds, so taking Mike Ashley’s money could be right
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

https://www.totalrl.com/matt-peet-on-po ... emi-final/

The Rhinos have set their sights on the current Man of Steel ahead of their 2024 recruitment drive.

Leeds Rhinos have tabled a bid for reigning Man of Steel Brodie Croft. Rugby League Live can reveal the Rhinos have tabled a six-figure offer in an attempt to secure the services of the Salford Red Devils star.

The Salford board is understood to be open to a sale, just months after signing him to the biggest contract in Super League history. It comes just a few months after they sold England prop, Tyler Dupree, to Wigan Warriors. Talks are understood to have taken place between Gary Hetherington and Paul King as they look to reach an agreement

Earlier this year, Salford made Croft their marquee player. In doing so, they signed him to a historic contract until the end of 2030. More recently, the club launched a community share scheme that raised £364,270. Despite that, the club are open to a sale of their prize asset.

Croft made an instant impression on Super League, being crowned Man of Steel in his first season following his arrival from Brisbane Broncos. A number of NRL clubs, most notably St George Illawarra Dragons, showed interest before he committed to the club.

Crucially, it's unclear at this stage whether a move to Headingley would be of interest to the halfback. He does, of course, have a bumper contract at Salford where he has long-term security and is one of the highest paid players in Super League.

As for Leeds, they have been in pursuit of a halfback for months and with quota spots available, they have now turned their attention to the former Brisbane Broncos talent. This year, Croft ended the campaign with 21 try assists and five tries.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... e-27833343
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:07 pm Lots of rumours on the web that Headingley is to be rebranded as the Sports Direct Headingley stadium and Rhino's have offered a six figure sum for Brodie Croft said to be over £300k

I thought, heard he was going leigh? Sounded of BS at the time though
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pedro

Post by pedro »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:48 pm

croft and milford have been linked to Leigh
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

pedro wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:06 pm

croft and milford have been linked to Leigh
Got told of a mate that milford had signed.Whether thats as a fullback( his best position for me) or a six, im not sure.He was special at canberra but seemed to lose his class as a six starting at brisbane
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

It was stated on Sky at the weekend.
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Not saying it won’t happen because I think Salford are desperate for the money but the Leeds web page thing is a dud.

There is a similar link on there for a number of current or former Salford players, including Andy Ackers, Elijah Taylor and a good few others.

It’s something to do with having to set them up and link them to the match report page.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Looks like Leeds are getting some new investment big announcements on Thursday,I’ve no doubt they will also say they’re going to revamp the away end,no doubt built with unicorn ears and yeti hair,but any seems money is back in vogue in Gary land..I suspect though the coach they’ve got won’t make things any better no matter who they sign.