Field to Catalan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Re: Field to Catalan

Post by lucky 13 »

Radley signed a new four year improved big money contract with Roosters in March this year.
Peet said last week no changes coming in at half for next year so can't see it with Field. I would also be disappointed as I love seeing him and Bevan play.
If Smithies was off more likely to be Farrell taking up the 13 shirt you would imagine for commercial reasons though I'm not sure. Personally I would love Smithies to stay, I do worry with him signing up with an Australian agent and the amount of middle forwards next season looks on the extravagant side so you can't rule it out.
I did here Hull was in talks with three of our players.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

DaveO wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:54 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:08 pm To make room for Victor Radley who will replace Smithies at 13
That would be seriously bad management. If the club need to get rid of a quota player who is contracted to the club next season that player should be Isa. Especially if the player being brought in is a forward.

Giving Isa a contract for 2024 (as they have done) and offloading Field would be sheer lunacy.
I only came up with it due to the Field rumour
bertina

Post by bertina »

medlocke wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:08 pm To make room for Victor Radley who will replace Smithies at 13
That would be seriously bad management. If the club need to get rid of a quota player who is contracted to the club next season that player should be Isa. Especially if the player being brought in is a forward.

Giving Isa a contract for 2024 (as they have done) and offloading Field would be sheer lunacy.
Absolutely spot on Dave. !!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

bertina wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:31 am

Absolutely spot on Dave. !!
Fully agree with that to lose Field, or French for that matter, is sheer lunacy.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

lucky 13 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:09 pm Radley signed a new four year improved big money contract with Roosters in March this year.
Peet said last week no changes coming in at half for next year so can't see it with Field. I would also be disappointed as I love seeing him and Bevan play.
If Smithies was off more likely to be Farrell taking up the 13 shirt you would imagine for commercial reasons though I'm not sure. Personally I would love Smithies to stay, I do worry with him signing up with an Australian agent and the amount of middle forwards next season looks on the extravagant side so you can't rule it out.
Not worth it, wouldn’t generate much extra revenue to make the gimmick worthwhile.

If Farrell was going to play 13 then fair enough, but he is not suited to 13 and hopefully the club won’t entertain it.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:45 am
lucky 13 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:09 pm Radley signed a new four year improved big money contract with Roosters in March this year.
Not worth it, wouldn’t generate much extra revenue to make the gimmick worthwhile.

If Farrell was going to play 13 then fair enough, but he is not suited to 13 and hopefully the club won’t entertain it.
For me 13 is the position he is undoubtedly most suited to in League. Big lad, not afraid of the physical side of the game and great hands.

He would have to improve certain aspects of his game, predominantly his rugby league conditioning however in my opinion he has all the tools to be a very good 13.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Agree Jonh as well as the attributes you’ve mentioned he’s also a vocal and natural leader just like his dad was, something I think we’ve been missing for a while
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Jonh wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:22 pm

For me 13 is the position he is undoubtedly most suited to in League. Big lad, not afraid of the physical side of the game and great hands.

He would have to improve certain aspects of his game, predominantly his rugby league conditioning however in my opinion he has all the tools to be a very good 13.
I was thinking about Liam Farrell, apologies.

Surely Owen Farrell would be 6 or 7 in league rather than a 13?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Could only see Owen playing 13 for Wigan in a more traditional role. Since I was told that we was in for him maybe I have manipulated a scenario in my head of where, why and how it could work right down to the recruitment of others.
That forward pack is biggest in depth and quality we have had for quite a while especially down the middle. If they was to play him at 13 having that prop rotation around him work wise would be essential. It would tie in if Smithies left as he could get the iconic 13 shirt, sales if which would be I imagine best on record. Corporate sponsor and media attention wise it would be massive for us and RL. How it works on field Im not sure without the ball but I imagine with it we would be a good watch as the extra link would be like having the other ball playing half with probably the best kicking and passing game in the league.
I'm not saying it will happen but everything even if coincidental seems to be in place for me t to.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Owen Farrell? Ah I see that's been resolved above. I think Owen could be a good 13. He's got a kicking game which is helpful, he's pretty tough playing in the centres at union and he's got the hands. Defence might be an issue, but we've got a tonne of size and graft around him. Could be his best position as players tend to move to the middles and use their experience as they get older where out and out pace is not as big a deal as it is in the outside backs.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐