Wigan V Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Pearl1

Re: Wigan V Hull KR

Post by The Pearl1 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:04 pm I'm finding this forum very strange tonight. Very quiet after a brilliant comprehensive win in a semi final to take us to old Trafford. Maybe if we got battered a few on here would be a little happier to come on and have their say
So funny, if we’d have lost it would have been because

Harry smith is no good

We are missing briers

Get a goal kicker

Peet out

Dropping Nsemba for Isa is a joke

FRENCH IS NOT A 6

Forwards are crap
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:31 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:04 pm I'm finding this forum very strange tonight. Very quiet after a brilliant comprehensive win in a semi final to take us to old Trafford. Maybe if we got battered a few on here would be a little happier to come on and have their say
It’s Saturday night. People go out on a Saturday night. I myself have just returned from a 70th birthday party.
Thanks for letting us know.

No thoughts on the game though?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

the negatives i could mention was the usual low standards of refereeing, but that aspect has reached a point with me that there is no need to keep mentioned it, the standard is poor, but we were good enough to keep Liam out of the game.

there were also a few points where it seemed we had too many options, and the player, rather than make a decision, resulted in being tackled (which could have been a decision too)

However, to finish top of the league and to be at the Grand Final is evidence that what we are doing is at the very least good enough
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

The Pearl1 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:10 pm

Harry smith is no good

We are missing briers

Get a goal kicker

Peet out

FRENCH IS NOT A 6

Forwards are crap
Haha, true! Can I add:

Nothing else to grouse about, so we'll have a go at Danika Priim.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Flash wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:08 am
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:57 am Just watched the channel 4 half time anyalis and Danika Priim really does dislike wigan doesn't she.

Last time I watched a match she was commenting on she was adamant wigan where not good enough to win the game.

This time, states wigan hadn't actually played well in the first half and only back tracks when Mills and Brierly and discussing how good our tries where.
Mate, she's so anti Wigan it's untrue! I get she's a former Leeds player but you'd expect at least some attempt to feign neutrality. We were giving her the pantomime boos yesterday as she walked past at half time. Not sure if she got the message but her full time comments were a whole lot better than the half time ones! :lol:
Have you ever noticed that the two pundits asked for their predictions nearly always go one each team? Could it possibly be that Sky/Ch 4 get them to decide in advance for "balance"?

Similarly with Danika Priim. She's not an expert commentator, just an ex player who it turned out could string a couple of sentences together for TV. Much of what she says will have been discussed beforehand with the producers and more experienced commentators/pundits.

Spotting anti-Wigan bias is easy when you're a Wigan fan: it's everybody who's not a Wigan fan! Possibly easier for me to say as I live in a foreign land and am used to it.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

The Pearl1 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:10 pm

Harry smith is no good
I have never been one of the posters to denigrate him. His trouble is that he's played alongside a 9 in Cust for so long and a static hooker in Powell. The changes (either enforced or otherwise) brought out the best of him
We are missing briers
I think this was pretty clear early season. If you doubt the impact of Briers then what changed at Brisbane?
Get a goal kicker
We have! Adam Keighran will take the pressure off Smith
Peet out
He's a relatively inexperienced first team coach but with an expensive side (salary cap wise) put together to help him. He is judged on results and so far so good. He cannot and should not allow himself to be guided by any "old pals act" with loyalty shown to those who no longer deserve it
My opinion is that it is. Are we going to see Lockers named in next week's squad for old time's sake?
FRENCH IS NOT A 6
I think this is answered in your next point regards playing behind a pack of fowards that made little yardage
Forwards are crap
Why get rid of Singleton and pay money for Dupree if the pack was so good?

As for that Danika Prim, she hates Wigan with a passion and her comments are full of contradiction and excuses when Wigan win. I'd rather they had Gary Hetherington or Darryl Powell in place of her. Failing that the totally unbiased and fair Mick Morgan
Back by demand.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

This season has had its ups and downs. The away defeat at Wakey was awful. We lost at home to a 12 man Leeds which was embarrassing . Then had a man sent sent off in the C Cup semi and went from a winning score to losing the game. We can be as negative as we want it's all there.

However Matty Peet in his first two years has won the C Cup, League Leaders Shield and taken us to a GF.
In this winning run of games the team and squad has been stunning with the best game of the season in the quite staggering win at Catalans. We were worried about a win but that 0-34 was beyond outstanding. We also have the two most exciting players in Super League in Field and French. They are brilliant to watch and have a massive effect on how we see our team and how our opposition views the squad too.

Some of the rugby we play is as top quality as I've ever seen. The three-quarter play is great rugby. The tries scored direct from a scrum, as at Leeds in the 0-50 win, is quite brilliant and why we pay to watch these great players.

We may win the GF, I think we will. Whatever the result this has been a good season with some rugby being of the best quality we'll ever see. With the quality of our signings it could be better again next season.

Win the Grand Final and, negatives or not, it will have been a great season and a credit to the all the players and staff at the club.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:15 pm This season has had its ups and downs. The away defeat at Wakey was awful. We lost at home to a 12 man Leeds which was embarrassing . Then had a man sent sent off in the C Cup semi and went from a winning score to losing the game. We can be as negative as we want it's all there.

However Matty Peet in his first two years has won the C Cup, League Leaders Shield and taken us to a GF.
In this winning run of games the team and squad has been stunning with the best game of the season in the quite staggering win at Catalans. We were worried about a win but that 0-34 was beyond outstanding. We also have the two most exciting players in Super League in Field and French. They are brilliant to watch and have a massive effect on how we see our team and how our opposition views the squad too.

Some of the rugby we play is as top quality as I've ever seen. The three-quarter play is great rugby. The tries scored direct from a scrum, as at Leeds in the 0-50 win, is quite brilliant and why we pay to watch these great players.

We may win the GF, I think we will. Whatever the result this has been a good season with some rugby being of the best quality we'll ever see. With the quality of our signings it could be better again next season.

Win the Grand Final and, negatives or not, it will have been a great season and a credit to the all the players and staff at the club.
+1

Win or lose next week the season has been the best for many years and as you say the signings for next season should help us continue upwards and of course wiping Stains out on Good Friday was the cherry on the cake for an old Wigan supporter.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Flash

Post by Flash »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:09 pm
Flash wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:08 am
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:57 am Just watched the channel 4 half time anyalis and Danika Priim really does dislike wigan doesn't she.

Last time I watched a match she was commenting on she was adamant wigan where not good enough to win the game.

This time, states wigan hadn't actually played well in the first half and only back tracks when Mills and Brierly and discussing how good our tries where.
Mate, she's so anti Wigan it's untrue! I get she's a former Leeds player but you'd expect at least some attempt to feign neutrality. We were giving her the pantomime boos yesterday as she walked past at half time. Not sure if she got the message but her full time comments were a whole lot better than the half time ones! :lol:
Have you ever noticed that the two pundits asked for their predictions nearly always go one each team? Could it possibly be that Sky/Ch 4 get them to decide in advance for "balance"?

Similarly with Danika Priim. She's not an expert commentator, just an ex player who it turned out could string a couple of sentences together for TV. Much of what she says will have been discussed beforehand with the producers and more experienced commentators/pundits.

Spotting anti-Wigan bias is easy when you're a Wigan fan: it's everybody who's not a Wigan fan! Possibly easier for me to say as I live in a foreign land and am used to it.
Mate, I know you're a good poster and try to be even handed but trust me on this one. I have it on very good authority that she has, shall we say, no love for Wigan.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

I had my doubts with our mid-season results, but after the cup semi, the improvement has been fantastic.
Just need to keep going for one more game and ensure that Catalans don't become a new name on the SL trophy.
The signings for next year show the intent to go forward from here.
The signings of Luke Thompson and Sam Walters are potential game changers, in what is already a strong pack.
Onwards and upwards.