Ticket Info: Betfred Super League Grand Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Ticket Info: Betfred Super League Grand Final

Post by fozzieskem »

I would hope that when the take over become official in December the first thing they do is bring the tickets back to the stadium and followed very closely behind that move improve the ticketing system that is utterly out dated.

I'll say again this game ain't going to sell out there's an choice to que up or you go to the rfl ticket website let's be fair it's not going to be full of french fans it simply isn't so plenty of tickets there,no point having a pop at the ticket but maybe just turn your ire to bloody channel 4 who insisted on the game being played on Saturday,perhaps if they paid for the rights for that sport I'd say fair enough but as is scuzz buckets the lot of them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Hopefully they sort the boring queues for beer as well.45 min wait on Saturday snd ill bet only 20 people in ours
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

This is going to sound like a daft question, but if you order 2x tickets online from Wigan when the additional are released, will they be together, or just wherever they get left with?

Regarding yesterday, I couldnt get to the TO as I was coaching u11s and that has to take priority. By the time I get sorted with that and got home, everything had already gone pete tong. Could I have cancelled the game? Probably, but I really shouldn't have to at the last minute as that's an incredibly selfish route to take.

I could order in the East stand from RFL, but as a ST holder I think I should have the opportunity to be in amongst Wigan fans than a mixture of Cats & neutrals.

Josie - I dont think most here are suggesting that it's the fault of the TO staff as they are just doing the best they can, based on instructions from above, in what is a ridiculous situation to be put in.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

PoppaG wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:41 pm This is going to sound like a daft question, but if you order 2x tickets online from Wigan when the additional are released, will they be together, or just wherever they get left with?

Regarding yesterday, I couldnt get to the TO as I was coaching u11s and that has to take priority. By the time I get sorted with that and got home, everything had already gone pete tong. Could I have cancelled the game? Probably, but I really shouldn't have to at the last minute as that's an incredibly selfish route to take.

I could order in the East stand from RFL, but as a ST holder I think I should have the opportunity to be in amongst Wigan fans than a mixture of Cats & neutrals.

Josie - I dont think most here are suggesting that it's the fault of the TO staff as they are just doing the best they can, based on instructions from above, in what is a ridiculous situation to be put in.
I know it’s not the ticket office girls fault at all or the clubs for that matter, bar the priority for ST holders error, if anything it’s the RFL’s inept ticket issuing.

I don’t agree with people getting 30, 40 & in some instances 50 tickets at a time. It’s too much stress on the persons trying to get them where they want to be seated, some together some apart. And then there are those who just want a couple like us. There were three of us there, four at one point getting 8 tickets, 2 per person.

It’s a wonder some of those ticket sellers didn’t have a nervous breakdown. I’d have pull the bloody shutters down 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

It actually states in terms of advantages in buying a season ticket that you will get priority in buying tickets for Wigan games . My son works away a lot and misses a fair amount of games but still gets it for exactly this reason of getting good tickets for the big games. We did manage to get all our tickets from rfl yesterday we have 6 season tickets and have to get seats away from where we wanted. Not good.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:07 pm It actually states in terms of advantages in buying a season ticket that you will get priority in buying tickets for Wigan games . My son works away a lot and misses a fair amount of games but still gets it for exactly this reason of getting good tickets for the big games. We did manage to get all our tickets from rfl yesterday we have 6 season tickets and have to get seats away from where we wanted. Not good.
That is the problem Paul with going through the RFL website in not being able to pick where you want to sit.

I totally agree with everyone who has season tickets as we didn’t get priority before they went on General Sale!

Maybe it was an error by whoever updates the news, whether on SM or the website. They made a big error when saying that season ticket holders had one day, Monday 25th September, where the queues were crazy for that on the Monday, to get their own seat instead of up to the Friday!
They eventually changed it & before they went on general sale!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

Stretford End holds around 15,000.
RFL allocate 8,000 :shock: :ugeek:

I know there's more to follow but there was some pretty disappointed people yesterday.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Too easy to just blame the RFL and not the club . In my opinion the club are as much to blame in the way they distributed the tickets to fans . They let the fans down but also let their staff down by putting them under unnecessary pressure by their inept planning . With every chance we were going to be in the final the club should have had a contingency plan in place and that includes insisting that the RFL supply them with a sufficient supply of tickets . If HKR had got to the final I am pretty sure their demand on tickets would be similar to ours so a bundle of say 15k tickets could have went East or West at the drop of a hat . It's not rocket science .

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:02 pm Too easy to just blame the RFL and not the club . In my opinion the club are as much to blame in the way they distributed the tickets to fans . They let the fans down but also let their staff down by putting them under unnecessary pressure by their inept planning . With every chance we were going to be in the final the club should have had a contingency plan in place and that includes insisting that the RFL supply them with a sufficient supply of tickets . If HKR had got to the final I am pretty sure their demand on tickets would be similar to ours so a bundle of say 15k tickets could have went East or West at the drop of a hat . It's not rocket science .

EW
I do blame the club as a season ticket holder with stadium size there was no panic . Any one walking up to ticket office on first day of selling and being able to buy any amount of tickets is totally wrong. I have never in all my years as a season ticket holder (55y) never bought a final ticket any other way other than club. Me like many more fans have been felt panicked into getting a ticket elsewhere all through a total ticket mismanaged scenario. Sad thing about it is they won't get the wrath. The poor ticket office staff do. But after all that I'd have sat on the roof before not be there. 😁😁