New Assistant Coach is .......

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TRICKY DICKY

New Assistant Coach is .......

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

To be announced next week.

Interviews were held on Thursday and Friday last week and a short list of 2 has been drawn up.

They will be re-interviewed next week and then an appointment will be made.

The short list is rumoured to be

Tommy Martin

Bobby Goulding

Dont rule out Shaun Wane going full time with the u21's and the new guy taking the u18's.

ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
pie eater and proud of it

Re: New Assistant Coach is...

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Goulding has been replaced at Rochdale by Darren Abram.

Cant say I really want either Martyn or Goulding at Wigan as I have spent years loathing them, especially Martyn the cheating snake. :sly:
mike binder

Re: New Assistant Coach is ......

Post by mike binder »

go back to when basil joined read my post and tell me who told you about tommy the gobler first :wink: :roll: :doz:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
ian.birchall

Re: New Assistant Coach is ......

Post by ian.birchall »

Cannot see it being Bobby Goulding, ask yourself why he left Central Park in the first place. Tommy Martyn, last man to score at Central Park but isn't the assistant coach supposed to be Farrar??
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
willie c

Post by willie c »

so is farrar staying on to take the under 21s
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

ian.birchall posted:
Cannot see it being Bobby Goulding, ask yourself why he left Central Park in the first place. Tommy Martyn, last man to score at Central Park but isn't the assistant coach supposed to be Farrar??
Is this rule true about having at least one britsh coach as part of the 1st team setup? if so thats the reason, we had Betts who would have been assistant and u21's coach, with Farrar continuing as he did last year. Now we dont have any Britsh coaches as in the 1st team, thats the reasoning I reckon.
willie c

Post by willie c »

ChrisA posted:
ian.birchall posted:
Is this rule true about having at least one britsh coach as part of the 1st team setup? if so thats the reason, we had Betts who would have been assistant and u21's coach, with Farrar continuing as he did last year. Now we dont have any Britsh coaches as in the 1st team, thats the reasoning I reckon.
is this a way of giveing british coaches a chance to learn the job and who thought of it
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

willie c posted:
ChrisA posted:
ian.birchall posted:
is this a way of giveing british coaches a chance to learn the job and who thought of it
I've never heard of the rule myself Willie, I have read others post about it on here. If it is true I would expect thats the reason Farrar isnt assistant coach. They could have had 2 assistants in Betts and Farrar, but Farrar on his own doesnt qualify does he. That is why Martyn and Gouldings names are being mentioned.
willie c

Post by willie c »

i have only heard about it on other posts also in one way it could be a good thing but some coaches may want to do it like cullen did as head coach at teams in the lower leagues first
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
They are both decent coaches. Tommy Martyn is a good choice becuase he was devastated not to be the new Leigh Boss but i thought Goulding was doing ok with rochdale???
What's Martyn's experience as a coach? Has he got any? I know some on here have yet to accept Millward as coach of Wigan (hello Ian.Birchall!), I'd have the same view if Martyn came to the club. There are three players from the recent modern game I would cross the street to avoid having to walk past, and that ugly, arrogant, toad is one of them. Just because we've got the ex-Skints coach here now doesn't mean we have to turn the rest of the team into a St Helens old boys club. At least Blobby Goulding's got some history at Wigan, and some experience as a coach, but the gurning monkey's only link to Wigan is that he was universally hated by Wigan fans as a player.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]