Harry Smith

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg

Re: Harry Smith

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:25 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:39 am
ddtftf wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:08 am Its amazing how Stains keep their good players we are becoming a breeding ground for the NRL its so frustrating for the fans & I cannot believe that Welsby has not had an offer for the NRL .
Sorry but I see that as good thing. Shows we are turning out the best talent in sl. You also answered your own question keep THERE GOOD players welsby to far up his own ar-e for Aussies
That is undoubtedly true but also is the fact that Saints have been able to pack their trophy cabinet.
Which has more to do with us trying to get Edwards and him ditching us for better money than saints.

Leeds haven't rebuilt
Warrington didn't act quick enough to stop the rot
We where waiting for a coach and ended up with to many make shift changes when he changed his mind.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:13 pm

Sorry but I see that as good thing. Shows we are turning out the best talent in sl. You also answered your own question keep THERE GOOD players welsby to far up his own ar-e for Aussies
That is undoubtedly true but also is the fact that Saints have been able to pack their trophy cabinet.
Which has more to do with us trying to get Edwards and him ditching us for better money than saints.

Leeds haven't rebuilt
We where waiting for a coach and ended up with to many make shift changes when he changed his mind.
That's a bizarre comment. A coach we never had is responsible for us under performing relative to Saints for several years including before his name was even mentioned.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:08 am Its amazing how Stains keep their good players we are becoming a breeding ground for the NRL its so frustrating for the fans & I cannot believe that Welsby has not had an offer for the NRL .
How is it a good thing if we produce then lose the best talent? Rhetorical question because it isn't. It's similar to that nonsense the club used to put out when someone left mid contract about it being a "compliment". :roll:

We won the GF due in a large part to having the squad we did. All the talk in the press is of a Wigan period of dominance similar to what Saints enjoyed. That raised my eyebrows because that will only happen if we retain our best players (as Saints did for the most part) which we have not been good at doing. Now Smithies has left and while recruitment may offset that particular loss we won't have such a period if our best players are picked off just when they are coming into their prime as has happened with Smithies.
PJC

Post by PJC »

I ve got lost in the 7 pages of comments re Smith. Is it all speculation that he is being tempted away or is it more than this ?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:54 am
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:13 pm

Leeds haven't rebuilt
That's a bizarre comment. A coach we never had is responsible for us under performing relative to Saints for several years including before his name was even mentioned.
Not really. We had a interim coach with recruitment that matched. Upon Edwards changing his mind we had missed numerous opportunities and had Lam trying to put a team together short notice. Now we got some gems in French and Field but had a make shift pack of youngsters.

If we had a long term coach plan in place we would have had better recruitment.

Or are the edward fans suddenly saying he wouldn't have been a major success.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I always said the Edwards plan was just daft and I'll add it insulted both our sport and Wigan warriors.

Let me explain if the gods had favoured me with the talent to become a coach at top level and I gets the phone call from Lenegan all he would have heard after he offered the job would be the phone being dropped as I raced to my car to get to the ground and sign on the dotted line,not piss about making our great club wait for a year..I'll correct myself it wasn't daft it was bloody stupid and tainted Lenegans reign for a time.

I felt for Lam he was on a hiding to nothing really and I am really pleased at his success at Leigh
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Harry has been voted player of the series and deservedly so. He looks to have made another step forward since the GF and it bodes well for next season. I don't think he's going anywhere. We should secure him on a great contract and he could well become a modern Wigan great.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

southportcdm wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:53 pm Harry has been voted player of the series and deservedly so. He looks to have made another step forward since the GF and it bodes well for next season. I don't think he's going anywhere. We should secure him on a great contract and he could well become a modern Wigan great.
Next captain IMO 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Congrats Harry. Great kicking too. He's not the type of half the NRL like IMO but I think we're heading towards a first ever in my lifetime) series win against a not very good Aussie team with him bossing the side wrong be the park. He was, after all, part of the academy team that beat their kids. Time for that to be repeated at the senior level.

Frankly ty Aussies aren't very good at either rugby anymore baee on their recent results. Time for a changing of the guards.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Hattster

Post by Hattster »

Mike wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:01 am Congrats Harry. Great kicking too. He's not the type of half the NRL like IMO but I think we're heading towards a first ever in my lifetime) series win against a not very good Aussie team with him bossing the side wrong be the park. He was, after all, part of the academy team that beat their kids. Time for that to be repeated at the senior level.

Frankly ty Aussies aren't very good at either rugby anymore baee on their recent results. Time for a changing of the guards.
The Aussie RL team have lost one game in 4yrs! I don’t think they’ll be panicking just yet.