Harry Smith

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Firestarter

Re: Harry Smith

Post by Firestarter »

Hattster wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:19 am
Mike wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:01 am Congrats Harry. Great kicking too. He's not the type of half the NRL like IMO but I think we're heading towards a first ever in my lifetime) series win against a not very good Aussie team with him bossing the side wrong be the park. He was, after all, part of the academy team that beat their kids. Time for that to be repeated at the senior level.

Frankly ty Aussies aren't very good at either rugby anymore baee on their recent results. Time for a changing of the guards.
The Aussie RL team have lost one game in 4yrs! I don’t think they’ll be panicking just yet.
Just a mini clear out of slightly OTT players is all the Aussies need.There spine needs a revamp
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Mike wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:01 am Congrats Harry. Great kicking too. He's not the type of half the NRL like IMO but I think we're heading towards a first ever in my lifetime) series win against a not very good Aussie team with him bossing the side wrong be the park. He was, after all, part of the academy team that beat their kids. Time for that to be repeated at the senior level.

Frankly ty Aussies aren't very good at either rugby anymore baee on their recent results. Time for a changing of the guards.
The Aussie RL team have lost one game in 4yrs! I don’t think they’ll be panicking just yet.
Won't play us though will they.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:33 pm

Won't play us though will they.
😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
WAS

Post by WAS »

The vultures are circling.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

WAS wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:06 pm The vultures are circling.
Phil Gould mentioned him the other week, a lot will depend if he wants to go now or if he wants to, would be good to get him tied up for a few more years at least.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Very much doubt he’d be looking to move on at the minute, I saw him up at my nieces football match a few weeks back and he’d not long bought a house in the area with his girl friend he had a puppy with him - hardly sign of someone not wanting to settle down locally.

Could definitely see him having a crack on the NRL but he's only 22/23 so surely he’d be thinking another 3/4 years at the warriors, continue to develop and then give it a go.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Trouble is money talks and if an offer comes along well who knows if it'll tempt him,for me he's growing into a very special player,in time better than Williams I feel Wigan need to try and get him tied down for many years.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I think Harry's 24 by next season.

He's pivotal to the teams performance and keeping him should be a priority. Any NRL offer will be massive and Mr Danson will have to look hard at a new deal.
Whether the club could give him the "club trained" concession under the salary cap is something they will surely consider.
That would maybe give us French as Non Fed trained, Thompson as Fed Trained and Harry as Club Trained" One of the current three will have to be removed but very few are as important to the team/squad as Harry!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:41 pm Very much doubt he’d be looking to move on at the minute, I saw him up at my nieces football match a few weeks back and he’d not long bought a house in the area with his girl friend he had a puppy with him - hardly sign of someone not wanting to settle down locally.

Could definitely see him having a crack on the NRL but he's only 22/23 so surely he’d be thinking another 3/4 years at the warriors, continue to develop and then give it a go.
He's 24 in January. Not sure what relevance his age has, less so the puppy. 😊

Seriously, I think that there are players like Lockers, who maybe value their life outside RL and wouldn't move for money or the challenge of the NRL. Others may prioritise being the best or making the most of a short career.

I have no idea where Harry Smith stands on this spectrum, but rate him very highly and wish him the best whatever he decides. For years it has appeared to me that Yorkshire has had more of the game-managing type of halves than Lancashire does (Sneyd when he was at Hull and Gale at Cas for example). Harry is the best we've had in the Super League era, in my humble opinion.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:03 pm
Wigan_ITK wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:41 pm Very much doubt he’d be looking to move on at the minute, I saw him up at my nieces football match a few weeks back and he’d not long bought a house in the area with his girl friend he had a puppy with him - hardly sign of someone not wanting to settle down locally.

He's 24 in January. Not sure what relevance his age has, less so the puppy. 😊

Seriously, I think that there are players like Lockers, who maybe value their life outside RL and wouldn't move for money or the challenge of the NRL. Others may prioritise being the best or making the most of a short career.

I have no idea where Harry Smith stands on this spectrum, but rate him very highly and wish him the best whatever he decides. For years it has appeared to me that Yorkshire has had more of the game-managing type of halves than Lancashire does (Sneyd when he was at Hull and Gale at Cas for example). Harry is the best we've had in the Super League era, in my humble opinion.
I agree with you Morley, trouble is players such as Locker and Faz are becoming very much the exception rather than the rule though it galls me to say I'm sure at some point the NRL will come and Wigan will lose Smith.

Just hope I'm wrong