Man of Steel

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Man of Steel

Post by josie andrews »

BEVAN FRENCH 🏉🍒⚪️❤️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Re: Man of Steel

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:01 pm BEVAN FRENCH 🏉🍒⚪️❤️
👍
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Well deserved :D
Firestarter

Re: Man of Steelm

Post by Firestarter »

Brilliant and well deserved.Made up for the field b&&&s up last year
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Beryl O'Neill

Post by Beryl O'Neill »

Brilliant result for Bevan and All the team well done 👏🌹🍾
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bevan started the year on the wing, then went to FB when Jai got injured, then when Jai came back & Abbas was doing well on the wing, he moved to stand off, a position he hadn’t properly played before.

After two weeks I said to him, I wish you would go back on the wing. Not just for scoring tries but I thought he didn’t look comfortable in the halves! How wrong can you be?

A few weeks ago I said to Stephen, Bevan is such an outstanding player, to play at top of his game in three different positions so easily & in one season. He is incredible!

I told him on Sunday at the Gala Awards Dinner, that in all my years watching Rugby League that he is, IMO anyway, the most complete player I’ve ever seen.

I loved Billy Boston, who was my first hero, I thought Ellery Hanley was an incredible player. You all know how much I loved Sean O’Laughlin.

But Bevan, oh my, I’m so glad I’ve lived long enough to see a player like him 🥰🏉🍒⚪️❤️
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It’s all over social media! Official Site - zilch 🙁
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

At last!

Bevan French named Man of Steel

Wigan Warriors’ Bevan French was named 2023 Steve Prescott MBE Man of Steel at Tuesday’s Rugby League Awards.

Bevan French, Sinead Peach and Lewis King were the headline winners as Rugby League staged its biggest and most inclusive Awards Night at Emirates Old Trafford.

French, the brilliant Australian whose successful switch to stand-off has been pivotal in Wigan Warriors’ drive to Saturday’s Betfred Super League Grand Final against Catalans Dragons, was named the 2023 Steve Prescott MBE Man of Steel as the competition’s outstanding player – the first Wigan player to win the award since Sam Tomkins in 2012.

Sinead Peach, the tough and skilful hooker who lifted the Betfred Women’s Super League trophy for York Valkyrie after Sunday’s Grand Final victory, was named the 2023 Woman of Steel.

Lewis King, a 38-year-old from Dartford in Kent who has excelled for London Roosters this season after playing a key part in England’s World Cup win last autumn, was the inaugural winner of the new Wheels of Steel as the outstanding performer in the Betfred Wheelchair Super League. In an undoubted first for Rugby League, King was one of three Kent-born winners on a special night for both the Roosters and the London Broncos, whose surge to this Sunday’s Betfred Championship Grand Final received treble recognition.

As announced before the ceremony, the Glen’s Spirit of Super League Award was presented to the family of Rob Burrow MBE, for their inspirational support of the former Leeds Rhinos and England half-back since his diagnosis with Motor Neurone Disease four years ago.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/10/ ... -of-steel/
moto748

Post by moto748 »

That's fabulous news, and honestly, quite unexpected; I fully expected them to give to Welsby. But absolutely well-deserved. Brilliant for the club and for Bevan. :D
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Brilliant. Well done Bevan! Best 6 in the comp!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐