Number 13

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Number 13

Post by Suzieb »

Who do we all think will get the iconic number 13
Ipinwigan

Re: Number 13

Post by Ipinwigan »

Owen Farrell?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Ipinwigan wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:18 pm Owen Farrell?
Bloody hope not!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

For the good of the game I hope it's Owen Farrell
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Give it to Josie
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pearsy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:40 pm Give it to Josie
😂😂 A friend I have in America saw on FB a picture of me, which Stephen took, picking strawberries in my garden. He then edited it & put me at the back of the Wigan pack scrummed down 😂😂.

I’ll have to look it up & get Meds to put it on for me 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

Radley has certain ring to it ........ I wish
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Oli partington
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

IF Farrell comes, it'll likely be him. Regardless of whether I think its right for the club or not.

If he doesn't, I'd think possibly Thompson. Although I'd rather see him at prop.

I'd like it to be O'Neill after what he's done there this season, but time will tell.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Judging by Peet's comments today it doesn't look like we're in the market for anyone at the moment. Perhaps we're all getting excited for nothing. Wasn't there rumours about big news last Saturday? We can cover 13 if/when Smithies goes but, If he does go, I'd question how much better our squad will be in 2024 compared with this season This made me think about areas where we can make the improvements required to go back to back next season:

Despite some promising signings, we are losing players who made big contributions this season. If we consider the swaps of: Walters for KPP, Thompson for Smithies and Keighran for KIng is that really an improvement? If Walters continues to improve and Thompson stays fit the squad is improved but If Thompson doesn't stay fit we'll be worse off. Keighran may not be a better centre than KIng but he does give us another kicker. Cooper will not be available at the start of the season but may be useful later on if he recovers fully. Willie Isa is hanging in there and even Faz is starting to show signs of slowing down. I think we'll need to start giving Faz the odd game off. Leeming should be a useful addition, especially as we may not lose Powell which would allow Sam or O'Neil to cover 13 too. Chan is a 'project' so could go either way. Other positives could be the improved understanding/development of the Smith, French combo and the expected progress by Nsemba and Hill. I also hope that Mago will maintain his improved level of performance, Byrne can make more progress and Dupree will be fitter and more integrated. By the way, I don't think we'd have got to and won the GF without the Dupree signing. Keeping Hampshire is a plus (he'll be fit from the start of the season) and Eckersley will replace Thornley. We now also have a lot of players that have won the big one and that often leads to an improvement in performance. Overall then, it looks pretty promising but I'd prefer to keep Morgan or make just one more signing.