Grand final winner rings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Grand final winner rings

Post by Mike »

PoppaG wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:48 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:36 am
DaveO wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:17 am

Not in my opinion. If anything if anyone who played during the season doesn't get a ring the thing that is devalued is the league.

This season we finished top of the league and in my opinion was a big reason why we went onto win the GF so all the players who helped us get there like Hill deserve a ring.

That’s my opinion too Dave, all the players who have played in SL for their home club, have contributed to getting there.
I'd potentially disagree with that. The general principle is sound, but if you have a game where you send the kids somewhere and they get battered (KR to us as an example) - in that scenario they would all get a ring. But their only contribution would be having got turned over in one game. Granted by doing that they would have given the starting lineup a break, but that would have been to benefit them in the cup, not the league.

That said, I dont know what the answer is!
They did the job the coaching team asked of them and allowed the squad to rest or recover. As such, they contributed to the overall season performance.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Does anyone know the answer to the original question
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah, it feels like after this debate, we definitely need a definitive answer on this! :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Suzieb wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:44 pm Does anyone know the answer to the original question
Haha made me laugh this
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Saints70

Post by Saints70 »

Suzieb wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:44 pm Does anyone know the answer to the original question
Spoke to a saints player a couple of years ago who didnt play in the final but got a ring, he said the club are allocated 25 winners rings , 17 for those who played, one for the coach and the remainder are distributed as the club sees fit, dont know if this is still the case.
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

Mike wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:17 pm
PoppaG wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:48 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:36 am

That’s my opinion too Dave, all the players who have played in SL for their home club, have contributed to getting there.
I'd potentially disagree with that. The general principle is sound, but if you have a game where you send the kids somewhere and they get battered (KR to us as an example) - in that scenario they would all get a ring. But their only contribution would be having got turned over in one game. Granted by doing that they would have given the starting lineup a break, but that would have been to benefit them in the cup, not the league.

That said, I dont know what the answer is!
They did the job the coaching team asked of them and allowed the squad to rest or recover. As such, they contributed to the overall season performance.
By that logic, the groundsmen probably contributed more over the course of a full season :lol: