Nsemba 4 Year Deal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Nsemba 4 Year Deal

Post by medlocke »

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/#BRlX5WDDcK0pXtLr.97

Excellent news :D :D :D

Junior Nsemba has signed a new four-year deal with the Club.

The 19-year-old has made 13 appearances in 2023.

“Every time I put the badge on it’s my proudest moment knowing I am representing such a great club,” says Nsemba.

Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce that Junior Nsemba has signed a new four-year deal with the club seeing him contracted until the end of the 2027 season.

While still eligible to play for the Academy, the 19-year-old made his debut for the Warriors against Hull KR in August 2022 – his only appearance last year – but the 6’5” forward has made 13 appearances for Matt Peet’s side in 2023, in which he scored his first try for the Club in the Challenge Cup victory over Leeds Rhinos at Headingley in May.

On signing the long-term deal, Nsemba said: “Every time I put the badge on it’s my proudest moment knowing I am representing such a great Club, and I’m grateful for being able to stay here for another four years.

“I can’t wait to continue the journey in my hometown with my family and friends and especially the fans because of the huge support they show week in, week out.

“I’d like to thank Matt, Kris Radlinski and Ian for putting their trust in me and giving me this opportunity.”

Matt Peet said: “We are all delighted that Junior will be with us for at least four more years, he is an outstanding young man and a talented player.

“I’m really looking forward to helping him develop on and off the field. He is someone who we have very high expectations for.”

Join us at the DW Stadium in 2024! Season Tickets are available to buy HERE now.
No straw damn us

Re: Nsemba 4 Year Deal

Post by No straw damn us »

One more extension to be revealed, then the big one.
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Brilliant news, chuffed for Junior 😊👍
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Great news. He looks to have that bit extra that could make him an excellent player. He's still young but the squad for next season should allow us to feed him into the first team without having to overplay him. Congratulations to Junior, well done to the club.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:14 pm One more extension to be revealed, then the big one.
Hopefully Field & French 🥰💖🥰💖
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He’s going to miss KPP they’ve been best mates together all season
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:17 pm He’s going to miss KPP they’ve been best mates together all season
Hopefully, it will be Kai missing Junior.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:14 pm One more extension to be revealed, then the big one.
Brian, do you know what transfer fee Saints has paid for Eseh?
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Hoping the extension is Harry Smith ;)
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:20 pm
Brian, do you know what transfer fee Saints has paid for Eseh?
No transfer fee as Wakefield were relegated so all contracts were null and void. His agent was asking for a higher salary than Wigan were prepared to pay.