Iain Thornley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaiJones

Iain Thornley

Post by DaiJones »

Off to Wakey as rumoured. Just confirmed by the club. Clearing house for another incoming? 😉
Wiganer Ted

Re: Iain Thornley

Post by Wiganer Ted »

DaiJones wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:21 pm Off to Wakey as rumoured. Just confirmed by the club. Clearing house for another incoming? 😉
Can't see another incoming for a while.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaiJones wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:21 pm Off to Wakey as rumoured. Just confirmed by the club. Clearing house for another incoming? 😉
I think his salary offsets Thompson's against the cap.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I felt a bit sorry for him but he wasn't good enough to play too many games. He didn't let us down but he didn't set the world on fire either. He never really looked interested playing for the reserves
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:45 pm I felt a bit sorry for him but he wasn't good enough to play too many games. He didn't let us down but he didn't set the world on fire either. He never really looked interested playing for the reserves
Sad but time moves on and this clears the path for Eckersley.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Surely they've got to move a couple more on to accommodate the incomings and new contracts that's been handed out?

Good luck to him though.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:08 pm Surely they've got to move a couple more on to accommodate the incomings and new contracts that's been handed out?

Good luck to him though.
I can't doubt that one or two more will move on

Needs to be remembered that we never used Bateman's wage on a replacement when he left, so all speculation depends on what he was receiving from us.

Plus there is now a 3rd marquee

I'm also sure there's cap dispensation for home-grown players.

I think it all adds up in the end
Back by demand.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:08 pm Surely they've got to move a couple more on to accommodate the incomings and new contracts that's been handed out?

Good luck to him though.
Five out five in I think at the moment at senior level. Eseh will be on a similar contract to Silva.