Grading question

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Grading question

Post by Mike »

This is the line that made me believe its averaged over 3 seasons:

Teams are ranked 1–36 based on where they finish in the leagues
and playoffs for the last three seasons.

https://www.rugby-league.com/uploads/do ... 202023.pdf

This also seems to suggest that you get 4 points for finishing top of the league, and an extra 0.75 for winning the GF. It's also only 0.25 for winning the CC. This should make the "winning league is the most important thing" crew on here happy.

It all depends on how the playoffs count towards your 1-36 placement in the league system. DO they count at all, and in which case how do we get a 3rd or 4th place finish, or do they not count at all unless you win.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

This all sounds like complete lunacy, and if I was a Leigh fan, I'd be spitting feathers!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’ve got a headache with it all! Load of 💩!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Surely though Catalan who would have been relegated if not for the licensing model are an example of why the 3 year franchise worked?!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:14 pm This is the line that made me believe its averaged over 3 seasons:

This also seems to suggest that you get 4 points for finishing top of the league, and an extra 0.75 for winning the GF. It's also only 0.25 for winning the CC. This should make the "winning league is the most important thing" crew on here happy.

It all depends on how the playoffs count towards your 1-36 placement in the league system. DO they count at all, and in which case how do we get a 3rd or 4th place finish, or do they not count at all unless you win.

It’s .75 for the league leaders shield, 0.25 for the cup. The 4 points is given if you finish first overall meaning having won the GF because it means you finished first regardless of where you finish in the league.

That is the final placing for the points awarded is based on where those clubs which were in the playoffs finished in the playoffs and for those who were not in the playoffs, their points are then based on league position.

So if Cats had won the GF they would have got the four points despite finishing second in the league. Wigan would still have for the 0.75 for winning the league leaders shield. So no, it won’t make the “win ing the league is the most important crew happy”.

Edit: This document gives you more detail https://www.rugby-league.com/uploads/d ... rsion).pdf

If we had lost the GF we’d have been ranked 2 so would have got 3.8889 points instead of 4 so would have ended up with 4.64 points due to winning the LLS instead of 4.75.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:20 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:14 pm This is the line that made me believe its averaged over 3 seasons:

It’s .75 for the league leaders shield, 0.25 for the cup. The 4 points is given if you finish first overall meaning having won the GF because it means you finished first regardless of where you finish in the league.

That is the final placing for the points awarded is based on where those clubs which were in the playoffs finished in the playoffs and for those who were not in the playoffs, their points are then based on league position.

So if Cats had won the GF they would have got the four points despite finishing second in the league. Wigan would still have for the 0.75 for winning the league leaders shield. So no, it won’t make the “win ing the league is the most important crew happy”.

Edit: This document gives you more detail https://www.rugby-league.com/uploads/d ... rsion).pdf

If we had lost the GF we’d have been ranked 2 so would have got 3.8889 points instead of 4 so would have ended up with 4.64 points due to winning the LLS instead of 4.75.
Yeah, I just found the full booklet. They definitely average that over the last 3 seasons though. So London will get a bump by replacing their Championship season 2 years ago with a SL season next year now matter where they finish. That will bump them around 0.5 points without them doing anything. They've got to find 4+ though!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:16 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:25 pm I thought success was a scoring factor so how are Leigh that far down while winning the CC
Very little credit is given for winning the CC. Maximum points for performance is 5 and you get 4 for winning the GF. Without checking I am pretty sure you get 0.75 for winning the league and so only 0.25 for winning the cup. I may be wrong on that but it’s definitely less than one point.
i sort of get the scoring for performance, as it wont skew the overall scores too much by having a good year

You'll find Wigan and Saints fluctuate a little, unless we have an absolute mare of a season, and then we could drop best part of a point if we dont win owt and finish 8th

i believe Cas have a special grading section "The PipeDream" Grading. They scored 5 for all the b***s*** they keep spewing about their new / upgraded stadium, which makes up for the 0 they should score for the actual stadium :) :)
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

the pieman wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:22 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:25 pm I thought success was a scoring factor so how are Leigh that far down while winning the CC
Very little credit is given for winning the CC. Maximum points for performance is 5 and you get 4 for winning the GF. Without checking I am pretty sure you get 0.75 for winning the league and so only 0.25 for winning the cup. I may be wrong on that but it’s definitely less than one point.

i believe Cas have a special grading section "The PipeDream" Grading. They scored 5 for all the b***s*** they keep spewing about their new / upgraded stadium, which makes up for the 0 they should score for the actual stadium :) :)
Yes I heard Bradford and Cas worked together on the "pipedream"clause,play in a shithouse,try to not pay bills for years on end but get hits hitting Twitter and tik tok by the bots and that's proof they're ready for SL.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

i sort of get the scoring for performance, as it wont skew the overall scores too much by having a good year

You'll find Wigan and Saints fluctuate a little, unless we have an absolute mare of a season, and then we could drop best part of a point if we dont win owt and finish 8th

We'd only lose 1/3rd of a point for a single poor season as it's averaged over 3 years.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:13 pm

Yes I heard Bradford and Cas worked together on the "pipedream"clause,play in a shithouse,try to not pay bills for years on end but get hits hitting Twitter and tik tok by the bots and that's proof they're ready for SL.
Bots and paid followers could be a problem in the social media section. If you want to keep a team up and you've got a botnet you can have a real influence!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐