WARRINGTON WOLVES are third favourites to win the 2024 Super League Grand Final as Sam Burgess makes his mark already wi

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

WARRINGTON WOLVES are third favourites to win the 2024 Super League Grand Final as Sam Burgess makes his mark already wi

Post by josie andrews »

Super League sponsors Betfred have already released their odds for next season’s showpiece event, with Warrington coming in at 15/2 – just two places behind favourites Wigan Warriors – the 2023 champions – at 9/4 and St Helens at 11/4.

Interestingly, last season’s Grand Finalists Catalans Dragons, are in joint fourth with Betfred at 8/1 alongside Leeds Rhinos, who will be hoping for a much better year than the one in 2023 having finished outside the play-offs.

Hull KR are next at 11/1, with 2023 Challenge Cup winners Leigh Leopards at 16/1.

Huddersfield Giants and Hull FC – both of whom disappointed in 2023 – are both priced at 18/1, with Salford Red Devils way down the pecking order at 40/1.

The bottom two – unsurprisingly – are Castleford Tigers, who have been given odds of 50/1, and London Broncos with odds of 100/1 following their promotion to Super League at the end of the 2023 season.

Odds in full:

Wigan Warriors – 9/4
St Helens – 11/4
Warrington Wolves – 15/2
Catalans Dragons – 8/1
Leeds Rhinos – 8/1
Hull KR – 11/1
Leigh Leopards – 16/1
Huddersfield Giants – 18/1
Hull FC – 18/1
Salford Red Devils – 40/1
Castleford Tigers – 50/1
London Broncos – 100/1

https://www.totalrl.com/warrington-wolv ... h-bookies/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Re: WARRINGTON WOLVES are third favourites to win the 2024 Super League Grand Final as Sam Burgess makes his mark alread

Post by fozzieskem »

Based on what?

My god that club is an utter basket case one that it seems to me needs yet another rebuild one helmed this time by a very rookie coach to boot,and yes I don't care how good a player he was and let's be fair he was coaching is a different ball game as for Leeds being fourth favourites is laughable another club chock full of journeymen and never will be coached by a bloke who doesn't seem to have a plan in place..

It's a good time to be Wigan i think
Barney841

Re: WARRINGTON WOLVES are third favourites to win the 2024 Super League Grand Final as Sam Burgess makes his mark alread

Post by Barney841 »

Well it’s there year(!)
Like it is every year 😆
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Bookies' odds are based on the views of people who bet with them. As not many Catalans are likely to nip into their local BetFred, their odds will reflect this.

It doesn't mean that anyone thinks Wire have a better chance than Cats of winning the GF.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

its not often bookies are wrong or end up losing money, however i think with Wire they may be well off the mark, unless theyve had an influx of giddy wire fans chucking their money away

i think Wigan, Saints & Catalan are likely to be top 3 again, although much will depend on how the changes at Catalan affect them, as they have lost quite a bit of experience

Outside of the top 3 i think Wire and Leeds are lucky to be considered anywhere near where they are in the betting as theyve dont nowt in the last 4-5 years to be considered challengers

HKR and Leigh have the challenge of backing up good seasons, and i think KR are most likely to be there or there abouts again