Warrington Wolves could be set for key exits

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Warrington Wolves could be set for key exits

Post by josie andrews »

Warrington Wolves are set for further recruitment it would seem but any and all moves they make will like facilitate an exit or two.

Warrington have been linked with two centres from the NRL since the arrival of Sam Burgess with the position seemingly one of interest for the former England international.

The club had Peter Mata’utia and Stefan Ratchford at three and four in 2023 with Connor Wrench as a back up as he recovered from a horrific ACL injury.

In 2024 they are bringing back Toby King after a year long loan at Wigan Warriors which saw him win the Super League Grand Final. They have also signed Rodrick Tai from The Dolphins.

Since then, the Wolves interest in Morgan Harper from Manly Sea Eagles and Justin Olam from the Melbourne Storm decidedly decreased but they remain linked with Olam alongside St Helens.

Harper’s future has been decided with the centre joining Parramatta Eels. Should the Wolves want to turn to the NRL market they would require an exit from their current squad to enable space on their overseas quota.

Sam Kasiano has been linked with a departure from the club and he is not the only one though the other is a bit more surprising.

There are rumours that Brad Dwyer could leave the club before playing for them with the hooker linked with a move to Salford Red Devils with Sam Powell set to join the Wolves according to reports from Rugby League Live.

This would be a move akin to when Mickey Higham joined Bradford Bulls and never played for them as he went on to join Wigan Warriors after his exit from St Helens.

Sam Burgess did confirm that there is likely to be exits as well as new faces ahead of 2024. He said on Wire TV: “With players coming and going, it’s always a fluid situation. I’m still getting my head around the cap here and what you can and can’t do – there’s a bit more freedom around loans over here which is new to me.

“We’re pretty set on where we’re at right now I’d say, but that’s not to say there won’t be a small bit of movement. That will present itself over the coming months.”

He further explained that there is a wide focus to his approach to recruitment saying: “I don’t want to nail down any position. I think it’s more so as a whole, the holistic approach – what can the team do better? What can we do better collectively?

I think they are the questions and that’s for me to work out. I think there’s a few things we can tidy up – some small effort areas like inside pressure work.

“It’s just small detail, more holistic, more than what’s better for the team rather than individual aspects.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/warringt ... its-84808/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan